ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dilemma with my Clio

Hi guys,

Just after some thoughts and opinions regarding my Cup - unfortunately it was involved in an accident recently where another car drove across the front of mine as I was pulling out onto the road and although the other driver had enough time and visibility, they still hit me. I am being held liable as they technically had right of way. :mad:

Anyway - the damage isn't too bad, mostly cosmetic, have had just the one quote so far of approx. £1500 to repair and the car still drives fine. It needs a new bumper, splitter, headlight, arch, bonnet etc. and an engine shield and slam panel I think.

My problem is that my excess on my policy is £750 - which wouldn't be too much of a problem, however my insurance has come up for renewal now as well, and as I'm being held liable, my no claims has been affected and the insurance has doubled to almost £800. In addition to this, I have just spent over £600 having a new backbox, 2 x front tyres, discs and pads front and pads rear and laser wheel alignment carried out to the car.
My problems continue further in that I have just bought the other half a car and am still paying that off the credit card!

As you can see, I'm a bit stuffed right now. I can't afford the cost to get the clio back on the road but am unsure about selling it in the condition it is in now. I know I'm going to lose a lot of money on it anyway - just need to decide now whether to fix and keep and be in debt or sell it as is.

Any help anyone?!?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=183822&id=565365604

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
fix it urself if its just minor you can get bumpers and and panels cheap off ebay and scrapys.