ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dimma’s wide arched supercharged valver

has any one seen it. it was for sale on ebay a while ago for £5000 i think it is running 230bhp any way this guy who lives near me has bought it although im not a fan of body kitted cars this looks the nuts and sounds even nicer i have arrange to take some pics this weekend if the weather is good i will post up then to let you all see

not sure he cant drive it yet as his insurance company wont let him till he is 21 about a month i think he said must be hard to just let it sit there but no problems i know of. looking at the engine bay the manifold at the front has been removed and there is a stage 3 supercharger there instead the f**king noise it gives off when he revs it is insane its been superchipped and its got high lift cams tis a bit of a monster

Thats a very cool car...not so much the car but the engine...Can you find out where Dimma got his charger done in belgium, the old owner sent the charger to be worked on there, Stage 3 now iirc

Wanted to buy that car for the engine and wheels, but had no spare cash at the time:cry:

Get loads of engine pics pls:D, even better get him in the club lol

[Edited by Winston on 17 February 2005 at 8:55pm]

i have told him about the club i will take plenty of pics but might need some one to re-size them for me them wheels it has are bloody awsome. i think the whole car went to belgium to be done not sure if thats what this geeza said any way will post pics as soon as i get them

that car is awsome. Like winston really wanted to buy it but had all my money tied up so had to just let it go:(

Fair play to the bloke thats got it now though.

Mark

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 17 February 2005
was rumoured it burnt to pieces?

no that was the cosworth clio

Quote: Originally posted by case on 17 February 2005

that car is awsome. Like winston really wanted to buy it but had all my money tied up so had to just let it go:(

Fair play to the bloke thats got it now though.

Mark
Great minds think alike ;)

Went to belgium for the engine. yes, got the spec off the old owner. wanted to swap bits and sell it as a standard dimma with my porker rims.

great mind really do think alike. Was going to do the same winston. Take the engine and wheels and sel it on for a bit of a loss and make a supercharged maxi with gorgous wheels.

Mark

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 17 February 2005

for the cost of it, y dont u just get yours supercharged?
It doesnt sound too cheap to get it supercharged to me. and if you would have put another engine back in it like a standard valver or even a willy lump you could have got a load of money back by selling it on.

Mark

5k for supercharging really.

winston how cheap is on the cheap? as either way theres a lot of expensive stuff to buy if u wanna run decent power

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 18 February 2005

Crazy power but shame it looks total sh*t!!!

Wotta crap colour!!!
looks mint IMO and i dont really like older cars let alone bodykitted ones.

LY 200

Dont get me wrong i love the Dimmas as much as the next person but that one doesnt look nice at all!!

Quote: Originally posted by Winston on 17 February 2005
About 2k, using a G40 blower....Just an idea at the mo

wont be that powerful then will it? ud still need all the pistons and rings rebuilt tho and clutch etc. dont want it to blow!

that pic dont do it justice it is a really nice colour its an off white matallic i will get some pics this weekend and try to get a clip of it running as well

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 18 February 2005

About 2k, using a G40 blower....Just an idea at the mo

wont be that powerful then will it? ud still need all the pistons and rings rebuilt tho and clutch etc. dont want it to blow!
Planning on rebuilding the 1.8 bottom end with low comp pistons, dont have a clue what power it would make, BenR said the VW chargers are pants, but I have a spare G40 charger, you can get the 1.3 to make over 160bhp with a small pullyed 40 charger.................. but just enjoying the 2.0L at the mo

[Edited by Winston on 18 February 2005 at 6:09pm]

ud want a R5 turbo uprated clutch
possible an extra injector and something to control the fueling too. intercooler? oil cooler? to get as much power as possible. it aint too cheap

All ready got a R5 uprated clutch and cossie intercooler, Id buy the BB turbo con injectors.....Just the mapping that would be the real problem...Costly yes but alot cheaper than a turbo con. but it is just an idea!!!! Cheers for help tho

excellent! how does the g40 charger work? would u have to replace your powersteering pump too? wat psi will it run safely?

wow it fits on a toilet tissue its soo small! get that in there! run a big fly wheel to start to keep the power down. smack on a fse valve and u might be able to fuel it ok to run as it is with real low boost. be just like tuning up some bhp. then do all the engine work and up the boost when ya ready!

brakcet! thats easy! get it in there! supercharge ya 2l engine!

do u have a quickshift too? thats a must for rocket acceleration