ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dipstick wtf?

Checked the oil for the first time in my 55 plate 1.4 clio. Had the car 3 weeks and I know its bad not to have checked until now.

Read the owners manual, guess what? Dipstick not in either of the places it said I would find it :rolleyes:

Have a good look around and eventually locate it. What a stupid place to put it :evil:

Taken the skin off my forearm, and just as well the car was cold as I would have seared it as well :quiet:

Is it down there in the RS models as well? Hardly encourages you to keep an eye on your oil levels.

Rant over. Thanks for listening :)

SLK 350
Yeh its on the same place, great isn't it! You just wait until you have to change your oil, getting the filter off is a cow (on the RS at least) and then finding the correct 8mm square socket for the sump bolt is also a job.

The dipstick is also fking useless as you can't pull it straight out and up without bending it and touching the sides.

Viva le francais!

RS models have a digital oil level indicator on the cars computer...

but yeah, the dipstick is rendered useless because once you finally manage to get it out... all the oil has come off on the sides of the pipe!

J

jamesy

it seems on most mk1 models the in car oil level gauge rarely works luckily mine does:approve:

None of them are easy to get at but stop complaing see where they stuck in on the 1.8 and 2.00 Mk1's then you'll realise you've got it easy.

Monaco Blue Mk2
My electronic oil reading has never changed! Gonna have a check tomorrow...car day tomorrow, brake fluid, oil check, it's getting a clean and t-cut with the electric buffer/polisher! (car will think it's her birthday!)

Skoda Fabia vRS
edde said:
None of them are easy to get at but stop complaing see where they stuck in on the 1.8 and 2.00 Mk1's then you'll realise you've got it easy.

the dipstick is easy to get @ ???