ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line! Wtf!?

182 Sport 2.0I
Ok,

I have just called up Direct Line to ask what impact an induction kit would have on my car. So she puts me on hold, thinking an induction kit to start with was a body kit. When she comes back she lets my know that due to my current age (21) thus not being under 25 i am not able to have any modifications of any type.

Anyone else had these issues with direct line?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It is well known that Direct line do not allow modifications to anyone under the age of 25.

Not reading the small print FTL.

182 Sport 2.0I
Yeah, sucks i guess. Although they did offer the best insurance by far so i cannot complain.

mps aero
nah. . . . direct line all the way. i just did a quote after reading this thread for me at 22 with 4 yrs ncd n it comes out at £377 .just did a quote with my step bros lincoln postcode tho n it came out at £303

320d
^^^ If thats your 172 in your advatar your not insured though. Those wheels are aftermarket, your 22 = no insruance.

Exactly the problem with Directline. Hence why I will never be insured with them again.

Wasn't with Direct Line but with a company called Eagle Star now known as Zurich. I rang them up and asked how much extra it'll cost me to fit an induction kit and an exhaust. They gave me a price and said it'll be saved on their system, I then fitted the mods and rang them up again to tell them that I'd fitted them, spent about 15 minutes on hold then I was told by this stupid woman that they couldn't insure me for these mods because they enhance the performance of the car to much considering my age at the time. I was 6 months in to the policy and had to cancel it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I was under 25 and DL agreed to insure my 4pots but not my performance mod's. So some mods are allowable.

PH1 172 Sport
When I came to renew my insurance I told them why I was leaving (ie they dont insure mods for under 25s) and they would insure everything bar a remap and sports cat.

So that was exhaust, brakes, suspension and brake lines. So they definately allow some mods especially if your already a customer. I left anyway as the renewal price was too much but hey at least they offered!

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
When I came to renew my insurance I told them why I was leaving (as I had a cheaper quote with Chris Knott) and Direct Line told me that if I fitted an induction kit my annual premium would have increased by £160.

£160 is ridiculous..........I'm 29 with 11 years no claims which I thought would have softened the blow.........I said bye bye and went to Chris Knott.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Should of just worded if different imo. Just say you want to "replace the air filter" and maybe a "it will increase the sound slightly, but not performance" boom shank :cool:

Clio 197 08
Wouldnt of told them at all in my opinion!! For something as little as an air filter no one would be the wiser!

Bux

Golf GTD
My mate is hating direct line atm. A while ago he went into the back of a honda civic (old man driver) who decided to do an emergency stop when they didn't need to...

Anyways, the insurance was all being sorted out and now direct line want to take my mate to court for around £900 because his insurance company didnt pay up the 'full' amount... they were £5 short!.

But the thing is, it cost them £5 to press charges for it anyway, so they are simply charging him £900 for no reason! grr