ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
its looking like ill be insuring with Direct Line this year, they are finally competitive for me and the policy is very good, nothing seems to be missing and a few welcome extras against some other places

has anyone ever had to make a claim with them before ?

is the customer service centre UK based ?

what about modifications, im over 25 so reading on the website it shouldnt be much of an issue, and the ONLY mod id ever be doing on the Fabia would be lowering it 25mm and i might not even do that tbh

3 Series touring
Im with them at the moment, not had to make a claim but must say that they have been really helpful and can answer most questions over the phone,
Only downside is that i am under 25 so im lucky that they even let me clean my car!
But seeing as that isnt a problem for you, i rate them highly

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
I've claimed from them - all good :) it was almost a pleasurable experience writing a car off

Uk based easy to get through, ive just switched cos they said the cup chasis was a mod and they cant insure as im under 25.

Skoda Fabia vRS
thats what i like to here, ive had an insurance nightmare in the past and im dubious about switching from Flux who im with now who have always been great

Nissan 350z
DirectLine are nazis when it comes to adding modifications to your policy. If you plan on changing anything and i mean absolutely anything thats not standard on your car id stay well clear.

Discounted 1*2 parts
ive been with direct line for 4 years and my rents are too. you get a discount for having more than one person in a household with direct line insurance. Always been the cheapest for me. My bro made a claim from hem and they were v easy to deal with.

But as above, dont even think about it if you wanna declare your mods.

Skoda Fabia vRS
hmmmmmmm thats the only thing thats puttin me off at the moment, its the only thing i would ever wanna do to the car as apart from looking like its on stilts its fine, im expecting my flux renewal through any day so ill see what price they come up with but with what im paying now im not expecting it to be close

Skoda Fabia vRS
see ive always found in the past im paying extra anyway on a 'modified policy' so i was hoping to go on a normal one, and add just the one mod, especially as im only lowering it 1" i didnt think it would be too bad, ill have to ring DL and ask, i may not end up doing it anyway as the plan was to leave this car totally standard

Skoda Fabia vRS
gave them a call and if i lowered the car, the price would go up from £773 to £989

so quite an increase !.......i need to get my flux quote and decide if i am ever going to lower the car or not

Elephant were good for me too, I'm only 18 and declaring the lowering on my 1.2 put the premium up a lot less than direct line have quoted you for it.

Skoda Fabia vRS
after having been through an insurance nightmare i dont really want to go with many of the 'new' insurance companies that have cropped up in recent years, reading reviews etc online is showing me that they are nothing but trouble when it comes to customer service/claims handling

i can get insured for £644 from using someone on gocompare, but its someone ive never heard of, and will no doubt have an indian call centre, i point blank refuse to go with a company who uses one of these, and after ringing around for quotes last year i found a lot of the call centres either abroad or operated by monkeys, i want to feel safe that if something should ever happen, i can get through to someone British at any time of date or night, and have a policy that doesnt have loads of exclusions on it

are Elephant run by Admiral ?........if so i *might* give them a go but im very wary now

Swiftcover can do it for £690 but i dont want everything to be online, i want to be able to speak to a person

just tried Admiral, £900+ for a policy which has everything i want, legal cover etc

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 172
Hey man

Directline wanted £350 extra just to be lowered by 30mm on sportlines FFS when I was with them.

I changed over to a multicar policy on Admiral (my RS 172 and missus' Fiesta Zetech) and they have been spot on. No extra for lowering less than 50mm IIRC.

Skoda Fabia vRS
really cant believe this but it seems Flux are willing to match Direct Line, shows how much room for manouvre they have when my renewal has just come through at £1k inc interest for monthly payments

Polo + Micra
i'm in the middle of trying to sort out issues(sp?) i've had with directline

basiclly them using manufactures approved parts instead of genuine parts with the s**t parts not looking the same.

so come renewal i'll be staying well clear of direct line

Skoda Fabia vRS
well whoever im with, it will be getting fixed in the bodyshop at work if the worst happens, and guess who orders ALL the parts for ALL the bodyshop jobs

ME !

is the claim quite a big one, we only ever use aftermarket parts if the car is gonna get wrote off otherwise and the customer is ok with it, its very rare we dont use genuine stuff

Polo + Micra
cosmetic damage tbh

bumper headlight and wing thats all

i've also had three people tell my car is over three years old when it is a 57 plate which is also a little worrying

Skoda Fabia vRS
well im sticking with Flux afterall, they have managed to beat the DL quote by a good few quid and have sorted me a good monthly payment setup :)