ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirt 2

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm completely hooked, I can't stop playing it, which is bad as I'm going to spoil it for myself when it's out. Visually it's one of the best looking racing games I've ever seen. Microsoft have said the same thing, so that's really saying something.

I've just spent an hour trying to win a Croatian rally on the hardest setting. You have to nail every single corner to the max, use all the cuts and get your braking spot on. I'm knackered now. The rally stages have the pefect feel of being constantly on the edge and having to push to the very limits. One of the lads just compented on how I was moving around in my chair.:eek:

Cupra
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this. I redid DIRT the other day and its still great fun. I love the way the wheel reacts to different surfaces, jumps and bumps too. Really adds something to the whole experience.

How demanding are the GFX on this one? 4870 be able to handle it reasonably well?

Lee

BMW M2C
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this. I redid DIRT the other day and its still great fun. I love the way the wheel reacts to different surfaces, jumps and bumps too. Really adds something to the whole experience.

How demanding are the GFX on this one? 4870 be able to handle it reasonably well?

It's really nicely setup for a wheel.

I'm playing on 360 so don't know how it runs on PC.

Lee

BMW M2C
The frame rate suffers on the videos for some reason, but it's a solid 30fps when playing. Someone has commented that's DX11 on PC. I can't say if it's on PC or not to be honest, but that's how it looks on 360 and PS3. I'd guess on it being 360 though.

Whoever drove the Croatia track can't drive for s**t. lol

Do they have any of that gymkhana(sp) stuff in this game? Just read a few reviews and doesn't mention it :(. Had the first Dirt so i will be definatly getting this :)

Does that mean it doesnt have the "odd" steering and grip level the first one seemed too. I only played the demo but the cars seemed to react very strangely on tarmac :S

Lee

BMW M2C
He mentioned Battersea. That's mainly a dirt track with a little tarmac, when you hit the tarmac you have loads of grip compared to when on the dirt, which works well.

I know what you mean about the first one. I've not tried an all tarmac event yet. I'll try and check one out later if I get the time.

Not for me, f**king Cambelt is due on the 182 in november along with the bloody insurance and there are a few great titles lining up for the xbox and PS3 towards xmas!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Does look good that!

I was proper impressed with the in-car view on that Baja trailer that Andy posted. That would be my view of choice, I think.

When is it released, Lee?

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
Does that include the PC version, too? ;)

D.

Yeah. Can't remember the pricing as I've never bought one, just had my freebie. It could be £10 for PC and Wii stuff, £20 for 360 and PS3. I'll poke around the SharePoint site now.

Lee

BMW M2C
Will do. I'm looking in to how I get them now. The receptionist here is useless. They'll be promo copies BTW. Full game and box but has a large NOT FOR RESALE on the sleeve and disc.

Lee

BMW M2C
Found it, I can only buy 3 and the price is dependant on the RRP at the time, as well as stock. DiRT2 will be a popular one. Once it's out I'll see how much that's going to be.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Found it, I can only buy 3 and the price is dependant on the RRP at the time, as well as stock. DiRT2 will be a popular one. Once it's out I'll see how much that's going to be.

Well the way I see it, is that you're all Console Monkeys. So you'll need the valued input from the PC side of things as well, to get some good feedback.

(that's my theory anyway and I'll have to stick to it...) :cool:

D.