ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirt 2

MKIII 138
looks good

dirt-2-screens3.jpg

MKIII 138
thats what i thought TBH,

ign have a few screen shots and they look like that ?

surley thats in xbox720 league or above

I hate ultra high res 'screen shots'. Misleading isn't quite the word.

Still, I'm sure it will look good and if it's anything like the previous one I'll be getting it.

Looks great and whilst I suspect that shot has had some 'post production' work i would pick this title up!

DCi
Dirt was good.

however, this trailer focuses approximately 2/3rds on the girls in his caravan, and not even a 1/3rd on the cars outside.

as much as i know sex(!) sells, this video makes me skeptical - make the racing good and enjoyable and it will be good!!

like the CoD trailer just posted - just a stir and all I really want more of the game please!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Nice sound on the subaru if i say so myself. The girls remind me of need for speed carbon cause they used real actors, maybe dirt 2 has aswel.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im sorry but whats happened to normal world rallying? going down the road inches off tree's, couldnt give a monkeys about driving some pickup truck with shed fulls of power i just want all the WRC cars and the super 1600's, Mr McRae will be turning in his grave

Lee

BMW M2C
im sorry but whats happened to normal world rallying? going down the road inches off tree's, couldnt give a monkeys about driving some pickup truck with shed fulls of power i just want all the WRC cars and the super 1600's, Mr McRae will be turning in his grave

It's a sport for geeks, it doesn't sell. There's no point making the worlds best rally game if only a handful of people are going to buy it, it needs global appeal. The Americans are now really getting in to it, but they do it differently, they love to put on a show. We would rather stand in a forest in the rain waiting to see a car go past for a split second. McRae went over and took part in some of the American events before his death.

Dirt2 has proper rallying and loads of other events.

Anyway, a decent Dirt2 video with comments on the visuals: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-dirt2-video-analysis

DCi
i think the balance is quite good

i think the best events for linking the 'big' american style and the british style is the events where you go over the open plains with no co-driver

it's still like a single track rally as we know it but it's got that element of big that the americans appreciate.

i enjoy the variety

I particually enjoy the cross over tracks racing against 1 other car

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i liked the rallycross just dont really get the americans alternatives, pic up truck racing on a crosser track, big thumbs up to the stupidest idea ever and course normal rallying sell's, thus the reason we are now on CM No.7

Lee

BMW M2C
Do you have the sales and ROI figures to hand for the last Dirt or the current ROI predictions for DIRT2?

Racing games don't sell in massive numbers. The big sellers are the shooters.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
jesus! sorry i dont have the sales and ROI figures to hand for the last Dirt or the current ROI predictions for DIRT2 lee i must have missed placed them when i threw a hissy fit, im just sayin we wouldnt be on No7 if normal rallying was shite as the first 5 we rallying they sold a decent amount surly as if they didnt it wouldnt be worth making a second one would it?

Lee

BMW M2C
You would think so, but the cost of current gen development requires a game like Dirt2 to sell in large numbers. Much larger than Dirt1 did. In total on 360 and PS3 Dirt just cleared a mil, that's not enough to cover current gen dev costs for most games.

For comparison Forza 2 did just shy of 4 mil on one format!!

COD4 on PS3 and 360 just over 11.5 mil.

So you can see why Dirt needs to appeal to as wide an audience as possble.

The sales of McRae games were on the decline until Dirt came along. The first one did 2.7 mil. The second just under a mil. The 3rd 1.1 mil, the 4th 0.7 mil. That was when dev was a lot cheaper.

Sorry if I went off on one. It sometimes gets my back up when people slate a game for trying to appeal to a wider audience when they don't know the reasons behind it. If there's something you don't like about a game, there's usually a pretty good reason why it's like it is.

Assasins Creed 2 had better sell, as Ubisoft have a 450 man dev team on that!!!!

Last edited:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
its ok im just a no nonsence kind of guy, thus the reason i might not buy this when it comes out, id rather it just be called Dirt2 tho not Colin McRae DIRT 2