ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dirt 2

I guess I spent so many hours on Forza I found it very easy to tell the difference. Forza is so fluid thanks to that 60FPS.

Lee, do you know how intensive the PC version is going to be? I'm hoping a 9650 and a GTX295 should be able to run this at 60fps vsynced?

Lee

BMW M2C
I really can't comment. I grabbed a PC copy yesterday, but haven't had time to take a look and my work PC is pretty s**t to be honest.

Fair play. I may even get this for the 360. The main attarction of the PC version (besides hopefully better frames) is that I'll be able to use the G25.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I'm starting to get really excited about this, there really are so many lines and so many ways to drive. Love it (bar all the other carp, like trucks for example). Graphics look superb also :D

Dirt ran pretty badly on PC. It looked and played great if you had crazy hardware. It just didn't seem to use multiple CPU cores, and definitely didn't use SLi. I suspect this will be the same.

Sad times for PC gaming are ahead. The irony is that it'll probably end up pwning the console market eventually, because no one will be buying £500 graphics cards anymore.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Dirt ran pretty badly on PC. It looked and played great if you had crazy hardware. It just didn't seem to use multiple CPU cores, and definitely didn't use SLi. I suspect this will be the same.

Sad times for PC gaming are ahead. The irony is that it'll probably end up pwning the console market eventually, because no one will be buying £500 graphics cards anymore.

:cry:

Such a shame. I hope you're wrong, but I have to agree with you.

D.

1.8 Civic EX
playing it now ;)

loving the menus, walking around the inside of your trailer then going outside...simple but very cool

just won first race...

changing the car horn sound,having a hula girl on the car dash board and your avatar hanging from the rear view mirror are nice touches...

not much skill required....just hold accelerate and turn, hardly needed to break at all lol. looks good, replays are good, plays alright but i've literally just been playing forza so it's going to feel a bit strange...

just finished the morroco race...cockpit view is the only way to roll...going through the water/mud then the wipers come on to clear the screen cos you can't see shite lol...liking this a lot..

Last edited:
  172//Crap Micra//Bus
The style, and the graphics are fantastic. Strange that they have Block fronting the game, but it's still held the name Colin McRae.

Was a little dissapointed at first re the baja stuff as Motorstorm did it better but as soon as got onto Rally cars I was hooked! Graphics are immense! Has to be said! Even the Mrs was like wow!

Only criticism is the car is floating - wheels don't actually touch the ground???????

Otherwise really impressive, especially the lighting and water stuff, not had to use my wipers yet as the windscreen doesn't stay in long enough:eek:

G25.................................................... May be a must!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i was too until i started using playtv.....

going to watch dexter while it finishes off, looking forward to this.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
had 5 great races with a lad on the demo last night, i was abit "omg its just ripping motorstorm and prostreet" (prostreet because of the paddock bit) but i actually cant wait for it to come out. birthday on the 10th so purches on the 11th but i dont think ill have enought for a driving force steering wheel then and one of them stands i think engleburts got for his

I've played some more, bit better than I first thought but the sensitivity is a b**ch, there's no difference in turn-in between gently touching left, or on full stick lock, need to turn that down a bit. The main consequence feels like the car has no weight, perhaps I'm so used to the weight transfer in Forza and the feel you get for a car. DiRT2's no sim, but if it's not trying to be, then that's ok.

Something not quite right about it for me. It looks good, but after a qucik blast I was left feeling that the car wasn't actually touching a road. Also, the in-car view seems a little strange. It's like you're sitting in the back, Revels style :(

I'll download the demo and give it a bash but I'm guessing I'll be left cold on the physics like I was with the first one.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
aparently theres a mode where all the pussy's can drive without realistic internals damage :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
i love it, played it loads last night.

is it just the 2 tracks though, the trucks and the eclipse point to point?

Never thought the car wasn't touching the track, rally is like that isn't it though, driving on marbles?

dk

911 GTS Cab
just played the multiplayer and it feels totally different to me and i can see where the carnot touching the road has come from, single player is better