ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DiRT Rally 2.0

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I hope it's better than Dirt 4. I was pretty disappointed with that tbh, although I should have never got it on launch day.
It didn't need the whole sponsor running out ater 6 races etc, sorting your own mechanics and the other 80 people that make up your team. Far too much s**t going on in the background.

Hopefully the next game will drop that and just concentrate on the driving aspect of the game.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
It's promising to see they have already announced future DLC for this game. Something plenty of people were crying out for on the previous two games!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I hope it's better than Dirt 4. I was pretty disappointed with that tbh, although I should have never got it on launch day.
It didn't need the whole sponsor running out ater 6 races etc, sorting your own mechanics and the other 80 people that make up your team. Far too much s**t going on in the background.

Hopefully the next game will drop that and just concentrate on the driving aspect of the game.

I get that. I just want to put different rally cars through different stages and try to set a decent time. The rallycross section was ok, but the dune buggy thing was awful. If it reflects real life in anyway, those things must simply pirouette on a tenth of the throttle.

Really liked the Australian stages - especially with a bit of rain mixed in with the mud and gravel. The winter stages were tricky due to lack of any form of run-off and the tarmac ones were fun too.

Would be great if they went to town with mechanical gremlins that you could toggle on/off with the difficulty level. Mis-fires, headlights failing, slow punctures (rather than an instant flat), diff issues, collapsed suspension, gearbox stuck in gear, fuel pump occasionally cutting out - those sort of things. Really like the other random additions so far though - like the other broken down cars on some stages and even the drone camera filming you. Little touches that all add to the game overall, imo.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Quite a few rally folk involved with development of this it seems. Sounds like they are going for a real sim feel with it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ooh that's VR ready too isn't it?
Yep - pulled off the store page....

1606807935973.png

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Not quite as "sim" but I bought WRC 9 on the PS sale last night (50% off so £25) and it reminds me very closely to this Dirt Rally.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
This has been my 'go to' game this year tbh, however I'm as casual a gamer as you can get so only play PS4 about once a fortnight :LOL:.
I usually just smash the daily and weekly challenges followed up by a round or two of a championship.

TBH, I prefer the original Dirt Rally to this, this seems to be easier and less unforgiving. Dirt Rally was a bit of a white knuckle ride, there seems to be a slightly more arcade approach to this one. However saying that, some cars are really challenging to drive which is quite enjoyable, especially anything RWD.

Tried a few of the daily challenges the other day and DNF'd all 3, think it was the Manta, M1 and one of the Porsches, all wrapped around a tree within a few mins!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Im on it fairly often so have done a few different championships with my mates. Its pretty addictive when you get into it, changing setups etc.
Had a quick go on time trial the other night in Germany with the fiesta r2 and im still 5 secs off the stage record.
20201130_224847.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
TBH, I prefer the original Dirt Rally to this, this seems to be easier and less unforgiving. Dirt Rally was a bit of a white knuckle ride, there seems to be a slightly more arcade approach to this one. However saying that, some cars are really challenging to drive which is quite enjoyable, especially anything RWD.
Some of the RWD cars I find to be virtually uncontrollable!

I also prefer the lower spec cars - you feel like you're actually ragging every last drop of performance out of them - and getting a controlled drift is so rewarding. The Group B monsters are pure, unbridled chaos in comparison.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Some of the RWD cars I find to be virtually uncontrollable!

I also prefer the lower spec cars - you feel like you're actually ragging every last drop of performance out of them - and getting a controlled drift is so rewarding. The Group B monsters are pure, unbridled chaos in comparison.

Yeah definitely, I much prefer some of the slower stuff like the Mini or the old Citroen. Genuinly feel out of control with anything powerful, find myself braking on straight pieces of track just to try and manage my speed in fear of tank slapping.

Some of the cars sound incredible too. Headphones on, volume up and the Group B Delta S4 :love: (driving slowly, obvs).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the cars sound incredible too. Headphones on, volume up and the Group B Delta S4 :love: (driving slowly, obvs).

Not sure if you've noticed but the there's a headphones profile within the audio options. I normally have all PC audio through my headphones anyway and with this enabled, it definitely sounded 'richer'.

Really like the combination of the Perth & Kinross section, along with the Legacy. Got it wrong (badly) on several occasions, but the car had a great balance between speed and agility. When it went wrong.... it went wrong. Stockpiles of logs on the side of the road led to a report that I'd got a puncture on the front left and that the 'engine has a problem'. 😆

1607013360858.png

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Finally got around to downloading this, 5 hours it said :confused: looking forward to having a blast in VR

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Jumped in earlier with a basic Time Trial on a stage of Argentina that I had not yet run on. Very tricky....

Several mistakes were made along the way with a proper c**k-up towards the end. Still good fun though. :)

Captured the replay below.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had experience of the career mode in this? Apparently the AI car results as you progress get beyond godlike.

I've seen many posts about people complaining of insane stage times posted by the opposition. I'm all for a challenge, but if the game is hard-coded to provide a glass ceiling of almost impossible odds, then I might ditch the career mode. Retrying a stage several times is one thing in order to shave a second or two off your time. But if the AI car in front is 32 seconds ahead, what's the point?

Maybe the realism settings a just a bit too high?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I think I've done a couple of career championships so far and haven't had any issues with the AI difficulty, however as you say I've also read that the AI is programmed in a weird way.
I've found that first stage I win by a huge margin (like 40-50 secs), then the next stage I'm somehow a minute behind? It didn't make much sense, but overall still managed to win.

I stopped doing the career tbh as I found it to be a bit of a drag, also the longer stages at night were way too stressful :LOL:. Nowadays just do the daily/weekly/monthlies, rallycross, Colin DLC etc. In fact sometimes I just pick any car of choice and go for a blast in time attack mode!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Loads of different championships etc to join on Dirt Clubs

Some motor clubs have run erallys on dirt clubs as they were unable to put on real ones

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Think I've settled in well with the Lancia Fulvia. Low power rev-happy thing that doesn't 'feel' unwieldy, regardless of the weather.

Did have a slight mishap at the start of the New England rally though, meaning the radiator was damaged. Got it fixed in the 30min window I had between stages, clearly at the detriment to fixing the bodywork.... ;)

1608467240804.png

1608467264919.png

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got promoted to Clubman level last night and stepped up to a Seat Ibiza Kit Car. More than double in terms of BHP - it's proving to be a bit of a handful in comparison to the Lancia above.

Btw, the GOTY Edition for PC is down to £7.49 on cdkeys at the minute with all the DLCs.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play for taking on the career mode, I could never be bothered with it, even in the first dirt. I like jumping straight into R5s and 2000s 4WDs too much

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play for taking on the career mode, I could never be bothered with it, even in the first dirt. I like jumping straight into R5s and 2000s 4WDs too much
Bought my four-car stable of Group A cars yesterday and got an achievement for it. Apparently only 0.4% of players have that?

As @Steve_RS said - I prefer the slower, less powerful cars. You need to be really smooth with them to extract the best out of the small amounts of power.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a dabble with the rallycross daily challenge earlier and though I was WAY off the pace in terms of times, it's easy to see where a lot of progress could be made.

However, I'm puzzled (and admittedly sceptical) about some of the stage times posted. Just did a New England stage in an Evo X and while I made a couple of mistakes, the pace was pretty good. However, by the end I was finishing the rally virtually in a different day in comparison to the leaders. I get that this is a global leaderboard - but the gap is crazy. I'd fully expect to be a good 40-45 seconds behind on a small stage such as this - but I was over 90 seconds adrift?

I clicked to the current top of the stage I'd just done - a player by the name of SpeedSensei from Estonia. I clicked on his/her Steam profile and they are currently Level 1. The chance of some godlike rally game player starting on Steam within days and posting a current world beating score? Hmmmm - OK....:LOL:

1609091199983.png

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
That's pretty normal in racing games in my experience. I used to race leader boards in the forza horizon games and you could practically write off the top 10 times of any course in any class as they were never genuine, always something dodgy going on like hacking etc.
Shame really, makes it hard to see what your genuine pace is!
I'd probably scroll down the times and check the profiles until you find a player who actually looks genuine (and still probably be a minute off the pace 😂)