ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disc removal (help!)

Blackgold 182
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble removing my rear discs! Is it just a case of brute force? Wanna make sure before I break anything!!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I assume you have done the obvious, got the caliper out of the way and undone the hubnut?

A wiggle and a pull, it should deffo come off. Don't be too hard on it though. Or as Dan has said if you're missing bits.

172 cup
Get a long piece of wood and place it on the back side of the disc the disc and tap it with a hammer, alternate between top and bottom and side to side and it should come off fairly easily.

Blackgold 182
Wasnt noisy, no play!

Update though used a bigger hammer and got it off! Theres no sign of any ring, odd considering these discs look too have a lot of wear?!

I assume sourcing new rings means a trip to the stealers?? Or does someone on here supply them?

172 cup
Try Adam at west's on here, thats where i got mine from they did take a few days though. Do you need the car today?

Blackgold 182
Try Adam at west's on here, thats where i got mine from they did take a few days though. Do you need the car today?

Dont need it today but would prefer it back on the road as soon as!

Anyone got a part number so I can check my (notso)local dealer?

Rear disc spacer - 6000073518 - £8.59 each
Rear hub nuts - 7703034250 - £3.46 each

What Wests renault has them as

Blackgold 182
Thanks for the pics! Deffo nothing like that present!!

Just waiting for the dealer to phone me back.....he didnt like the look of the part number though?!!

Blackgold 182
Absolutely Matt. More info/pics making people aware of these is only going to help

Pretty bad really that the garage that changed the discs didnt know about it! Im no mechanic but a quick bit of research and I knew about it!! Still puzzled as too why the bearings have lasted and there wasnt any noise?! Discs look too have been on there for almost 2 yrs!

Pretty bad really that the garage that changed the discs didnt know about it! Im no mechanic but a quick bit of research and I knew about it!! Still puzzled as too why the bearings have lasted and there wasnt any noise?! Discs look too have been on there for almost 2 yrs!

That is a puzzle because most people who forget to put the spacer back on soon enough have issues. Just seems weird that if the spacer wasn't on your disc or still on the stub axle why you didn't have any issues. Guess weirder things have happened

PH2 Flamer
I'm the same, I have no spacers on the rear (ordered from Adam today).

Thought I'd actually check mine, and they are missing. I have no issues, O/S rear pads have fallen out though. But that was the retaining clip.