ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Discs And Pads?

Im in desperate need of new discs and pads for my '04 1.4 16v dynamique. Any ideas on the best/cheapest place to get some replacements?

Dont fancy HALFRAUDS!!

Cheers.

Halfords stock are fine for 99% of people there £17 FDB 845 are the stock pads and I had no trouble with them on road only on bedford track day did they ever die on me.
Forget the fancy disks get the normal ones no drilled holes etc as they can just crack.

If you want to get the DS2500 pads there £60 though and only realy worth it if you've realy into track days.

Bleed the fluid with some decinet stuff.

edde said:
Halfords stock are fine for 99% of people there £17 FDB 845 are the stock pads and I had no trouble with them on road only on bedford track day did they ever die on me.
QUOTE]

Cool cheers mate.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i bought halfords own disks for my 1.2 clio (think theyre the same as yours) and ferrodo pads as they come with new calliper bolts. performance is very good now theyre bedded in, might also be worth bleeding the brake fluid at the same time

you also want the vented disks.

russ9898 said:
i bought halfords own disks for my 1.2 clio (think theyre the same as yours) and ferrodo pads as they come with new calliper bolts. performance is very good now theyre bedded in, might also be worth bleeding the brake fluid at the same time

you also want the vented disks.
You cannot get the 259mm disks (which chrisba has) in non vented spec.
Bleeding the brakes makes the biggest difference usually.

russ9898 said:
i bought halfords own disks for my 1.2 clio (think theyre the same as yours) and ferrodo pads as they come with new calliper bolts.
The set of FDB 845 I bought recietly didn't come with new bolts.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
odd, mine had 4 caliper bolts in the box.

i bought them for that reason as id been told they come with bolts were as halfords own dont...thats apparently why the ferodos are a few quid more even though you more than likely get the same pads.

russ9898 said:
odd, mine had 4 caliper bolts in the box.

i bought them for that reason as id been told they come with bolts were as halfords own dont...thats apparently why the ferodos are a few quid more even though you more than likely get the same pads.
Different compound on the ones I've checked as well but much the same Halfords own are going to be longer life ones but not as good for faster road driving where you'll get a lot of heat into them. Oms had a set on his 182 and they were fine round town etc but on the back roads they faded very quickly.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
oooh, gladded i opted for the ferrodos then. learn something new every day.

ive heard people complain the 172/182 halfords pads are leathol but also heard good things about the non sport pads