ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Display lost with Alpine HU’s!

A black one

Just got a new Alpine head unit, only to find out that the vehicle display interface they so proudly boast about on the box & in the advertised spec needs a seperate box which is not yet in production, and there is no scheduled release date for it. :mad:

Apparently this is because (this is after speaking to Alpine UK Technical Services today) ;

"The units (where applicable) are vehicle display interface ready, they just need the VDI box to work with your vehicles display unit.

Production has not yet started on the VDI boxes, and presently we dont have a release date for them.

The reason the VDI feature is advertised in our literature is because our promotional literature is printed at the beginning of the year & showcases all the products we will have available during 2004. So there are some things advertised in our promotional material that are not yet currently available."

Cheeky b*stards, one of the main reasons I got the unit was because it would interface with my vehicle display. :cry:

172 FF

Yeah its a bummer init. I got same response when I wanted it about 2 months ago.
Still waiting......

The stalk contol bit works nice tho, I can wait a few months for the other bit. Its just a bit of a p*sser that I will have to be taking the dash off again to put the display bit on.

Clio II and Grand Modus

I would just get stalk control.....Don´t it look a bit stupid to have two displays, and besides the dash display will not show everything anyway. I don´t miss it even thou I have the alpine IVA-D300 RB and when it´s closed it has no display, just looks so nice IMO.....

I thought Id really miss the head up display when I changed the hu in my 172, dont even realise its gone now, just something you get used to, it doesnt show that much info anyway.