ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Distance to empty when fuel light comes on

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Hello,
Anyone know roughly how many miles is left in the tank when the fuel light comes on?
I've got an expression mk2 so it doesn't tell me on the dash.
Thanks,
~David

When my light comes on solid on my 1.4 16v, I can get about another 20 miles or so but fill up as soon as i can. I get approx 140 miles to half a tank during the week of driving to and from work, by 140, the needles right into the red and it's topping up time.
​As for a 1.2, you might get slightly further, but i'd imagine it's in and around the same sort of figure.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to petrol light lottery.

Tbh I just fill up when the light comes on, although I have done 15 miles or so on the light.

Should get 30+ miles steady driving.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
depends on how you drive. at an average 35mpg have done 60miles with the light on a few times in my mk2 rsi.

BG DCI
Apart from the bad fuel that goes in I dont mind leaving mine late on the trip computer reading.

Once couldnt find a petrol station open in France and was late getting back to my ferry..

Did 65 miles in my friends 1.9tdi Ibiza running 220bhp after the computer said 0 cruising at 65mph

It was that close that we struggled to start it getting off the boat at dover..

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Arg hate that bad fuel saying. So is the fuel sucked into the engine from the top of the tank?