ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Divx Players Dvd

hi everyone i use a program called dvd santa cheers mrbilly!! but when the files get converted from the downloaded file ready to be burnt to dvd when i play back the sound and is out from what is on screen and sometime the video feed is slow.. my friend at work said all i need to get is a divx dvd player and simply burn the file without converting straight to dvd and this will then work on the player without anything happening during the convertion is this right what has been said???????????

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah you can play it straight on a divx dvd player . Strange why the sounds out of sync though . Is that on all the films you've converted ?

cough cough bloody hell!!! no mate not all films only a few now and again mostly the dvd santa is fantastic mate and i dont have any problems..but if i could just burn them straight to dvd then it would save alot of time cos dvd santa takes over an hour to convert them...what you think mate will the divx player just instantly play the film or what? how does it appear on the screen like a menu (like you are looking at pics) comes up with a sub folder and you select play...you could put more than one film on each dvd if thats the case?? cheers again guys

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Not sure how they play the film tbh . Whether you can skip/ fast forward like you do with chapters on a dvd . It sounds like an audio codec issue .

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
use a different program or learn the one your using better. sounds like your audio stream isn't compressed in the right way or you just not sync'd it properly.

SLK 350
DIVX/XVID/AVI won't have trackmarks or chapters by default, however when re-encoding them you can place chapters onto the discs if so wished. However if you're playing straight from native format, this isn't possible, most DIVX players have decent skip/seek functions to counter this though.

DIVX player can be bought for £30 www.ebuyer.com (search divx).

As for the Freecom mediaplayer, thats a completely different (and clever device) but you're looking at £85 notes for that, basically that allows you to stream movies directly via a wired/wireless network from your PC. You can also retrofit a HD so you can store movies/mp3 to it too.

Depends what your after, your current hardware and your downloading habits I guess.

172 Cup
My Samsung 5.1 system playing Prison Break in DIVX via a USB key (saves wasting cd's ;) )

Edit - Ignore referance to Star Wars, that's just the dvd player menu background

Attachments

• pbs1.jpg
    pbs1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 14
  • pbs2.jpg
    pbs2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19
  SLK 350
Thanks Griff, very useful...ahem... ;)

Jesus christ this forum is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, sick of seeing fking 404's!

Last edited:
cheers for the help guys so in a nut shell a divx player will do all xvid avi mpeg files etc with no problems what so ever? i think i will have to invest in one going to try winavi from mrbilly to see if thats any better thanks again guys fingers crossed

172 Cup
cheers for the help guys so in a nut shell a divx player will do all xvid avi mpeg files etc with no problems what so ever?

99% of DIVX/XVID files have worked without a problem on my player. Very occasionally something will refuse to play but it's very rare.

cheeers mate a great help going to get one i think for sure and have a go where is the cheapest place to get one from thanks again