ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY colour coding: help needed

Mazda MX5 1.8
oook ive been following the advice on the articles section of cliosport.net and so far (after many panics and worrying) ive put the paint on so now just waiting over night for the paint to dry before i can lacquer.

my question is. do i wet & dry 1500 it before i lacquer it? or just lacquer it as it is?
oh also is it ok to be left in the shed or should i bring it indoors for the night?

ps. i know it says not to sand after painting but it doesnt say whether it needs to be done once its dry

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah give it a slight rub down with 1500 when you have done to last coat of lacquer(once it has dryed)...

this will then give it a v shiny look.:)

Chocolate Bar™
best thing i bought was a tin of leveller from halfords, really does smooth the paint, and if you get any patches of clouding in the laquer use a spot of this and it does tend to get rid of it as it reactivates the surface of the paint, also use a hair dryer whilst spraying to heat the laquer as it goes onto the surface to prevent clouding :)

Punto/Clio GTT
lots of people give the basecoat (colour) a wet flat before laquer, but aslong as the finish looks ok and theres no bits of s**t in it, just wipre the basecoat so its dust free and bang the laquer on.

laquer can be wet flatted if you have runs or bits of s**t, but you'll need a cutting compound to bring the shine back. but on mouldings n door handles i wouldnt bother.

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah a few bits of dust have fallen onto it over night so i will give it a gentle rub over with a spot of wet wet&dry :)

kinda scared of doing the lacquer tho

Monaco Blue Mk2
clio__chris said:
yeah a few bits of dust have fallen onto it over night so i will give it a gentle rub over with a spot of wet wet&dry :)

kinda scared of doing the lacquer tho

You being taking any pics of your process mate? Post them up if you have but if not deffo post one of your final result.