ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY undertray?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
The Astra doesn't come with an undertray, so my engine bay is always filthy šŸ˜§ Thinking of making one out of 2mm or 3mm aluminium sheet as I can get some very cheap and can get it cut and anodised. Just wondering if this is a good idea? Will the engine run hotter etc with the bottom of the bay all covered over? Seems a good idea to me but I'm no mechanic!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got a 1.9 CDTI undertray from a breakers in the end. Identical subframe etc just diesels came with undertrays. No idea why. Waiting on the fixings to arrive in the post.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Nothing beats the 1.6 race car :wink: @Typhoon wishes he could beat me in his 197. He has dreams about it and everything.
635539902589758607895342105_akward%204.gif

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Either that or you've made yourself look a right silly sausage that your Astra is quicker.

Unless you mean this minute, considering I have no engine in my car! :wink:
Precisely ;) I currently have 300BHP more than you sir. 115 from the engine, 185 from the number plate light I have that you currently don't.