ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJ Controller for Mac

Clio 182
Ok all

You have probably seen loads of these questions but your thoughts would be appreciated, im wanting to buy a DJ Controller for my iMac with a budget of £350 what suggestions do you have on which one to buy.

Thanks

Darrell

Clio 182
Thanks guys, i was actually looking at the spin looks pretty good and gets some good reviews, Reev dont have the software yet so a bundle would also be good.

If you haven't got software yet then I highly recommend Traktor. It has a wealth of features and it's GUI is extremely customisable, so you've got lots of control over what you want on the screen. I've got a Korg nanoKONTROL that I've mapped to suit my personal needs, the fact that it's so small means it lives in my laptop bag and because they're dirt cheap I don't care if it gets bashed about a bit.

However, if you're looking for something a bit more traditional with jog wheels, the Vestax VCI-100 that has been mentioned above seems to get good reviews pretty much across the board, so that would probably be my bet if I needed that feature. DJ Tech Tools is a website that focuses heavily on laptop DJing, so I'd have a good nose through some of the articles on there to get a better idea of what you're after.

If you've got any more questions then don't be afraid to ask!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I just got this...

oc1_small.jpg

Pretty sure I read it works fine with Macs.

Mk2 Golf GTI
My friend has the one Kayzee has on a Mac. It's ok but I couldn't get used to it personally, coming from a vinyl background.

The Stanton SCS.3 system is quite cool for use with Traktor. I have one as a midi controller for Serato. You can just buy one 3D and one 3M for now as one controller can control 2 decks.

[youtube]TvYTVZgEW4s[/youtube]

[youtube]7SfT9ua_Ib8[/youtube]

Also look at the American Audio VMS4. It's got 4 deck control which you may wish to use if you're going with Traktor.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/american_audio/VMS4

image.ashx

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Thanks everyone for the help, i decided to go for the Vestex Spin, ill let you know what its like, hopefully it should be here tomorrow.

Clio 182
Ok First impressions are pretty good, some tunes sound a bit distorted through but will have a good play around tomorrow.

Clio 182
Defiantly would recommend after changing some of the default settings it preforms pretty good, just need to get some decent tunes now :D