ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do 17's Look Good On A Clio?

RS Clio 200
have been wondering whether to get 16's replaced, or go for some 17's on my 172.
Do people think the 17's look too big, and slightly "chavvy" on a clio?

Meg on pistonheads £6995
like 'em both, chavy or not depends on style - got 17s

personally 16" graphite turinis are the best upgrade for a 2.0 and are so sought after that they are the ONLY ones that would add to saleability/value

RS Clio 200
am i right in thinkin that the handling of the car would be reduced with 17s?
ie, less good for fast road and track driving?

Leon Cupra R 225
gfcbobo said:
am i right in thinkin that the handling of the car would be reduced with 17s?
ie, less good for fast road and track driving?

yes you are it would be shite compared to 16s:cool:

RS Clio 200
damn - i really like the Kei Racing Force 10's in Gun Metal grey - but they only make them in 15 and 17's, 18's :mad:

LY 200
I like 17's but would never put them on another car of mine due to the performance it throws away!!!

Been there done that but depends what you want out of your car!!!

LY 200
gfcbobo said:
damn - i really like the Kei Racing Force 10's in Gun Metal grey - but they only make them in 15 and 17's, 18's :mad:

I had the force 10's on my old hybrid mate.......I went on what they looke like in a catologue and in the wheel shop (17" version). In all honesty i fuckin despised em, not worth a look if smaller than 17's imo!!!

al

ST on the way...
gfcbobo said:

Get the 15's drop it 40-60mm and it'll look the nuts!

RS Clio 200
i have no intention to go smaller
i want 16's with a drop of F25 R15 i think - a bigger drop tends to start lookin chavvy i think. I just wanna improve the handling, and get different wheels, get a splitter on the front, and maybe side skirts and a rear vallence.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I'm gonna get a set of black or anthricite spoked 16's for mine as I hate the std 172 alloys.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i have 17's on my 1.2 and it handles better than with the 15's imo

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
16s all the way mate and light ones like these 5kg each;)

Attachments

• IMG00007 (Small).JPG
    IMG00007 (Small).JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 90