ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do cheap chips work?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Top 2, most probably, bottom, probably not although for that price it may be worth a punt.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Yeah, I have known people to use these on even a standard 1.2 (it was a dynamique mind you) and give a 1.6 a good smoking!

IMO only get a custom made remap I don't like any of these ebay chips.

Don't forget to add on the that you need to get an electrical expert to solder in the socket to plug the new chip in on the ECU it won't just plug strgith in so thats extra money.

ou could try soldering it yourself but you might wreck the ECU.

Golf MK2 GTD
IMO only get a custom made remap I don't like any of these ebay chips.

Don't forget to add on the that you need to get an electrical expert to solder in the socket to plug the new chip in on the ECU it won't just plug strgith in so thats extra money.

ou could try soldering it yourself but you might wreck the ECU.
I'll be installing it for him as I'm an electronic engineer so have all the gear to desolder the old chip and solder the new socket in, I'll chip his spare ecu from his parts car, he has already swaped it once to check it works just need to change the chip on it

I'm sure those chips have been discussed on here years back.

**U.K CLIO CUP CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING REPLACEMENT EPROM** - when 1994?? Surely needs all the other race car modifications to work.

The common consensus was that they were all worthless and no gains were made at all.

I'm sure those chips have been discussed on here years back.

**U.K CLIO CUP CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING REPLACEMENT EPROM** - when 1994?? Surely needs all the other race car modifications to work.

The common consensus was that they were all worthless and no gains were made at all.

Race cars your right are different plus are mapped for race use which is different than road use.

People have been knokcing cheap copies of these off for ages.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ask them to advance the timing 2 more degrees and see what they say! Most people who sell chips on ebay don't have a clue what's inside.