ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do clios have an anti-syphon tank

Clio Ph2 172
As above, wanting to syphon some fuel out my ph2 172, but thought I'd check before going out to freeze my arse off. Lol.

Cheers,

Clio Ph2 172
Lol, car isn't in action at the, with it having an argument with a kerb and loosing! Has a full tank at the moment and insurance are wanting to take it away. Thought I might aswell get it whilst I can.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Drill the bottom of the tank, job done lol. Thats what i did with mine when it was written off, Its the insurance companys problem then.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Yes well anyone with half a brain cell would realise that and use a manual drill not a battery powered one!

Clio Ph2 172
Thornaby mate. Want to keep it ideally and fix it, but insurance haven't got back to me yet and want to drain it just incase. Where you from?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Is there no 'draining bolt' at the bottom? There was one on my last car (not a Clio).

I have also used a direct live to the fuel pump and ran a pipe from the fuel rail before.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Yes well anyone with half a brain cell would realise that and use a manual drill not a battery powered one!

I bet a powered one would be fine. I've heard of people welding full tanks before!
At the same time if insurance are taking it and end up writing it off then tell them it had a full tank and have the amount added to the payout. That's what I did once.

pop the rear seat up and take the fuel pump out and syphon it that way. works on mk1 clios don't know about 172/182s