ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do i go for the gt

320d
Personally I think the Twingo is the ugliest car Renault make at the moment, Just think they haven't bothered to style the rear end and instead crashed a bus into the back of it. And it costs about £2k more for me to insure it over the GT. That's a LOT imo.

New Zetec S? I know I thrash my brothers 56 plate but then again he is underpowered from me :p.

So that would be around £5.5K for an RS Twingo, I wouldn't pay that for a Veyron. I don't know how you manage to pay so much for insurance Jason.

The GT must make sence to people though because I've seen a fair few on the road. Not my cup of tea personally but they are a nice car. They sound good and interiors good.

What would put me off is the relitavely poor fuel consumption for not a lot of performance, high list price and fast depreciation.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Renault have dropped the list price, and are planning to put the 2.0 VVT engine in from the old Dyna S. So time will tell if this helps at all.

It makes no sense to some people, and I understand that fully. But to me it makes sense :)

320d
Would make sence to me with the 1.4TCE. The name GT lends itself to a reasonably strong torquey engine, not a peaky 1.6.

The 2.0 VVT would be good, but for emmisions, tax and insurance the 1.4 TCE would be a better all around choice.

Would make sence to me with the 1.4TCE. The name GT lends itself to a reasonably strong torquey engine, not a peaky 1.6.

The 2.0 VVT would be good, but for emmisions, tax and insurance the 1.4 TCE would be a better all around choice.

plus 1 1.4 tce from the meggy it screams common sense tbfh :cool:

the whole reason they ditched the 2.0 vvt 138 it wasnt a big seller an running costs were obscene its on a par with rs performance an no ones going to pick one over rs
no hoodie would able to afford or insure one ;)
nice lump though

tax 12m £180.00 band H co2 173 insurance group 9 0-60 mph 8.2 s

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
plus 1 1.4 tce from the meggy it screams common sense tbfh :cool:

the whole reason they ditched the 2.0 vvt 138 it wasnt a big seller an running costs were obscene its on a par with rs performance an no ones going to pick one over rs
no hoodie would able to afford or insure one ;)
nice lump though

tax 12m £180.00 band H co2 173 insurance group 9 0-60 mph ........just

0-60 time edited

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
and twingo rs is the choice of heros that live in the city centre, well that or 500 abarth esse esse

182 Full of Fat
Where's all this power talk come from, from the GT? rofl

My sis has had one from new (well run in now) which I've driven ALOT, and to say it's got the kick like the vtec is bollox lol All this talk like it's some powerhouse.
Either get the Twingo or just get a 182, pay off insurance and be done with it (and still have a few Ks saved)!