ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do i need a ball joint remover....

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
To change a hub? head rounded off on mine and screw remover's not worked either. I take it that its just unbolt everything and replace? Anything i should look out for? cheers :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
which bolt is it thats rounded of ? the one that clamps the ball joint in place ?
Nah the bolt wheel bolt has snapped off into the hub... ie there are only 3 bolts holding my wheel on!

which is why i wanna take my old hub off and replace it with another one iv got...

Anyone?

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i've never changed it on my clio, but i imagine you'll just unbolt where the ball joint meets the hub and pull the arm down to free it. you won't need to worry about the ball joint. on a different note, you could try chiseling a line into the snapped bolt and it becomes a huge screw.. i've seen the lads at my garage remove them that way before!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
ah rite get ya mate , ive had mine of a few times never needed one if you know how to do it .