ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need a new driveshaft?

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
When taking my R/H hub off the end of the driveshaft has slightly been dented (picture below).

The hub nut doesn't slide over the end properly anymore - Would it be possible to just file this down?

Driveshaft.JPG

Also what do you suggest for replacing the ABS sensors on both hubs? Renault want £160 per sensor! :eek:

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
Yep we, err, persuaded it out with a hammer - it was fairly well stuck in there! We'll try and file it some more and worst comes to the worst we'll replace it I guess.

Figured a new shaft would be more than £100 from Renault as they seem a complete rip off.

Cheers.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
will the nut start?
i'd try and file it then run a rethreader down the threads and see if its ok

BMW M135i
Yeh i'd go with that ^. Its not as if the actual driveshaft is damaged, will be fine it you can get the nut started.

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
No the nut won't start, you're right I reckon it would be okay once we get it on the threads. Will file it more and look for a rethreading tool as you suggest.

Thanks a lot