ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need spacers? (PICS - you decide!)

Renaultsport Clio 172
Debating whether or not I need spacers. Have a look below - running standard 195 tyres with 182 cup pack alloys, on eibach sportlines. Car is a 172.

Do I need spacers? :) If so, what size?

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg

172 Ph2. Mmm...
I have 205/45/16 on my 172 and lowered 50mm. Had to cut some trim off but no need for spacers, wouldnt of thought spacers would be nessecary on yours either, looks fine mate.

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
I run a 172 with the same wheels and 205 section tyres, with Eibachs. Any wider and the rears would rub under compression, so I wouldn't if I was you, although it would help the look of the stance (although who cares about that when the car's moving :D)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
NO!!!

Spacers fail big time. I was weak, and listened to the kevs on here. Once i fitted my 16mm hubcentrics to my 197 it scared the living daylights out of me. Under braking it was twitchy/nervous, had no confidence in the car. FAIL. Sold them after a week!