ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do people think this is a good price

Just had a quote for repairing a scuff on my back bumper £100 all in would u say this is a fair price
cheers
rob

RB FF 182
If he's respraying the whole bumper maybe...

I'll try find out what my mum paid she had a similar scuff, i'm sure it was about half that to be honest... some little independent place in Nuneaton. Did a great job!

just that corner and a lil bit what isnt shown in the picture but he said hed have 2 fill it as its gone deep in the plastic ... this is also a quote off some1 who will do it at home 4me

It's a good bit cheaper than what you'd pay in the bodyshop I work in anyway. If it's someone doing it as a homer it sounds fair, if a bodyshop was doing it for £100 I'd be inclined to say it'll be sh*t.

At £100 its a bargain!

thats what i thought.. the good thing about it is hel do it all at home so i dont have the mess on off dropping my car off and such alike.. he match's the paint with the numbers on the car but as said its not the whole bumper but 2 have it done on the drive is so much easier

It's a good bit cheaper than what you'd pay in the bodyshop I work in anyway. If it's someone doing it as a homer it sounds fair, if a bodyshop was doing it for £100 I'd be inclined to say it'll be sh*t.

well looking at some of the pics on net its a good job but obv you never know till you see the real thing... hes bit of a old fella aswel so id be inclined to say hes been doing it quite a few yr's

before-scuff.jpg
after-scuff.jpg
thats 1 of many pics off the site

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
If it's from an actual body shop 100 quid is o.k really. Mobile repairs end up in tragedy half the time. Silver can be a tricky colour to blend

If it's from an actual body shop 100 quid is o.k really. Mobile repairs end up in tragedy half the time. Silver can be a tricky colour to blend

yea its mobile.. he said he hasnt come accross a silver quite like mine (Iceburg) going 2 get a few other quotes yet tho before i decide which route to take thanks for your input

That would make me nervous... Lol

yeah i thought hmm surely you must have. got 2 admit tho you carnt fully see the colur as the car is filthy at the moment and looks really dull and crap... he did say he colour match's all the paint using the codes out the car so you never know it could pay off but going to go to a few body shops also

Just read your thread properly and realised it's a mobile paint company, DO NOT use them, if you're skint wait a bit and save a little more cash and get it done at a proper bodyshop.

Just read your thread properly and realised it's a mobile paint company, DO NOT use them, if you're skint wait a bit and save a little more cash and get it done at a proper bodyshop.

its just the 1st quote iv had mate but going to go 2 a few body shops also.. price wouldnt be an issue but iv got a service due and shed loads of other things in next few weeks and just wanted it doing asap but suppose its not a must have thing at the moment so think im best off holding on and see what other places say... just dont know wheres good in the bedford area as i havnt lived here that long

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was me, i'd get as much of that out as I could with some wet and dry and a good polish. It will look infinately better.

For a start £100 is expensive for a mobile guy. (My bloke charges me £35 for a bumper corner)

And mobile people are nowhere near as good as a proper bodyshop.

Reckon that's the same picture photoshopped as the reflections are identical.

tbh mate i hadn't noticed that but yea your right about the reflection... think il just give it a miss n just w8 because as i said its not a must have thing at the moment

If it was me, i'd get as much of that out as I could with some wet and dry and a good polish. It will look infinately better.

For a start £100 is expensive for a mobile guy. (My bloke charges me £35 for a bumper corner)

And mobile people are nowhere near as good as a proper bodyshop.

dont really want too get stuck in just incae i screw it up but its only the odd bit that gone right through to the plastic

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
dont really want too get stuck in just incae i screw it up but its only the odd bit that gone right through to the plastic

If you screw it up, send it to the bodyshop. You were going to do that anyway so you can't lose.

Honestly, just take your time and you'll be fine. Check out the detailing section on here and the detailingworld forum. You'll be suprised at how easy it all is.

cheers every1 for your input as said by daniel i may aswel have a try cos if i screw it up whats it matter as il be sending it to a body shop

cheers 4 that last bit of input daniel il have a look 2morrow

il probs get some t-cut aswel atouba as iv got a faint scratch on the front wing off the old bill on new yrs eve