ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do we wave to Williams drivers?

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i was just thinkin this 2day! i was gona but the guy was not lookin so dint bother!

so would like to hear others ppls thoughts;)

172 Cup (Iceberg)
When i used to own the Smart Roadster i used to have other owners waving at me and flashing etc all the time....... it was never me who started it though it was always the other driver for some reason!?

I would probably acknowledge a Clio Williams driver, i wouldn't do a full glorified wave though.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i only wave at them if they are looking at me. sometimes get the who the f**k was that look!!lol

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
theres a woman with a pearlesant bmw mini that always waves to my mum in her's

lol

1.8 8v RSi
i do....not that i ever sin one.....i saw a valver once n waved to him coming off the round about.....he then proceded to go right round the round about n go right up my rear bumper n t**t about n bomb it past me sticking his middle finger up......f**kin chav

lol.

When I had my valver (some years ago now) all of the other valvers round my used to wave & flash at me & vice versa.

Never been waved at with anyone in any other clio though (even now)

Clio 172 mk2
Waved at a few 172/182 owners

When I drove a Subaru everyone would wave at each other but that was pre-charv days and we all know how rude those cnuts are

I dont wave at Williams owners... tbh they never notice a 1*2, they probably just think it's a 1.2 or whatever and usually seem oblivious... fair enough, the MK2's dont exactly shout out at you... having said that I dont wave at 1*2 owners either, because usually they dont seem to notice or care around my way, but when I had the Williams other owners would flash and wave, but in the Willy there's a bigger sense of occasion imo

Clio 172 mk2
Agree...the Williams is more of a 'cult car' than the 172/182

Most of the 182s I see around my way are driven by middle aged women so would probably wouldn't get it if I waved lol

LY 200
Lol...I dont wave at other rs owners letalone Williams ones....I personally find it a little strange if you dont personally know the person whos behind the wheel of said car your waving at.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
197 drivers are definetly worst, they never bloody wave, miserable gits.

theres a chap round my way that drives an RS meggy, always gives a wave. Most 1*2 owners do too, having said that, as stated, alot of them are driven by middle aged women who havnt got a clue.

Williams 1
i have a williams and dont wave at 172/182s because can never tell the difference between them and 1.2l dynamiques unless they have stripes on, there is a nice blue 1 near me with stripes on that gets a wave when i c him.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i dont because there seems to be hundreads of navy clios with gold wheels and most of them are bad reps that i see. by the time you are close enough to spot a true one its too late!

Clio DCi 65
i see the RS coming from distance so just keep flashing it lol

No1 on here ever put a spotted notice on it though lol

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
i never get spotted and i hardly ever see a 172/182 driver that aint an old git whos taking his tree cutting dow the tip (god i feel sorry for that cup)

LY 200
^^Lol @ that stereotyping.....Im the complete opposite to you really, anyone i ever spot in a clio sport is generally aged early to mid 20's.

Id be abit worried if they were all 'old gits' using the cars to take there rubbish down the tips!!!

clio MK1 1.2
I wave at other R5 n Clio divers if there around my age group n when i sasy wave i mean a thumb up for the peace sign LOL and does any one no off a- ----blue172 with white strips in IPSWICH down old stoke area????? look's a absoulte minter!!!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
yes we should wave at williams! i drive 1 :)

(ok so its a "fake williams", but it still has the engine ;))

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have never been flashed/waved at. I flash williams's but i rarely see them, see quite a few 182's and 172's on the road to which i generally give a look to and see if they do the same but dont generally flash. I did give a trophy driver a flash the other day but he didnt really respond, he may not have twigged the whole renault sport thing, he probably thought why is that boy-racer flashing me.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i wave to other valver/williams owners

get the occasional wave back

i see loads of RSs around and none of them acknowledge me, except for Ads :D

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
ive had a few waves i dont see a rs drivers and wave i wait for them to look at me and if they do ill nod or wave other wise id say they wasnt interested.
never seen another williams on the road in the time ive had mine so not had the chance to nod at one but i think with the williams you only get one when you know what they are, so chances are the other driver is the same as you.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
duno how anyone can not tell the differance between them especially people who own them. imo its so easy.