ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you Clio lot get annoyed too when.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

To be honest another clio has never tried to race me.. most "done up" clios are 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6s and they just tend to get out my way.

I think people with Clios know what the 172 is, a lot of other people dont know the difference so they try it on (and loose btw)

I once had a comedy race with a Mk2 Phase2 1.2 16v Dynamique, who thought that because my car says "16V" on the side that it was a 1.2 or something. Otherwise, Clio people always know what it is.

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 17 June 2003

lesser model Clio
Some people might take offence to that! Smaller engined you mean! :p

In answer.....yes but not only Clios. I find that most of the cars that try to race me are "what most people would perceive to be leagues below the 172 in performance", however to be honest Im not confident of the 172s power in the slightest, so I dont even try (yes it is THAT bad). I tend to find that the people with the slowest cars are the ones who try the hardest in a race and usually end up driving a lot faster than I want to

Renault Laguna Coupe

I dont mind - lets face it most youngsters think their car is the fastest in the world and behave accordingly. I did!

had a few 1.4rts have ago around town,its ok as long as they dont beat me!

in my last car a (nova sr) i used to be able to keep up with nova gtes no probs and used to love seeing the look on their face when they dint lose me!!

Renault Clio 1.8 RSi

to tell the truth ill have a bash at anything that appears next to me at the lights. (i have a totally unmodded 1.4rt) but if i have go as far as hitting the limiter in 3rd then i usually admit defeat! :D

Ive had a few RT have a go, but most of the races (and I use that in the loosest possible form) are from bloody Nova SRs! PMSL! Why do they even try?

Same reason as valvers try it on with 172s, 172s try it on with cups...

Read the other threads and its obvious people are trying it on with quicker cars whatever they drive.

Its easy for say a Rt ot a VTR to scream there nuts off and go past a VTS, Valver etc but that doesnt mean they have beat you does it?!?

Personally i feel like a tool when i overtake something alot quicker for a legit reason (2 lanes,etc) cos they are probably thinking look at him thinks hes beating me...

The only way to win is not to take part really, saves you looking daft when a lesser model almost keeps up cos over the distance and roads were talking they usually do.

Ive only got respect for the cars that do give it some but can admit that they have been beaten or vice versa.

Id of said that EVERYONE on here started with a weedy engined car and thought they could take on ferraris in it - we were all there once.

I WILL RACE ANYTHING REALLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND A 172 IS THAT I AM NOT REALLY BOTHERED IF I SMASH IT UP, LIKE IT WHEN RTS HAVE A GO GET RIGHT UP THERE ARSE AND REV THE KMACKERS OUT MY CAR THEY SOON PULL OVER

i often find theres a respect between 2 drivers who drive the same model car...

i had a white R5GTT behind me a few weeks ago... and he pulled up behind me on the avenue and him and his bird sat behind me for the duration of our 4 mile drive LOL. he coulda overtaken me on the otherlane... i wasnt pushing it or wasnt even gonna... but they stayed behind.. and when we stopped at the traffic lights.. i gave them the thumb up and they waved and smiled at me... :oops:

recently ive had a black Saxo flashing and beeping at me everytime he sees me... think its my bros mate.. but he says hi to me anyway! but he never tries to race or push me when he sees me... maybe the guy who had my R5 before me laid the smack down to the Jersey roads. ;)

used to try it on with 16valvers till guy blew me away i caught up with him at a cruise and pissed masel laughing when i parked next to him ma car got so many looks and people askin me about it whereas his was just a standard valver that no1 gave a second look at!!!

ah the joys:D

Usually just let them get on with it, leave them to it safe with the knowledge that i could beat them if i wanted to waste petrol proving it.

If its something a bit closer then ya have to have a blast.

not really

i only lok for a race against cars that i may have a chance of winning against

and driving a 1.1 (and a bit) that doesnt include many

though its almost as fast as my VTR :confused:

TT 225

If its all friendly Ill have a pop at anything - win or lose it doesnt bother me. Just stay clear of the knobs on the road mentioning no names but people like Clio16_boy above - who deosnt give a sh*t if he smashes his car up?

Good attitude.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by CLIO16V_BOY on 18 June 2003

I WILL RACE ANYTHING REALLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND A 172 IS THAT I AM NOT REALLY BOTHERED IF I SMASH IT UP, LIKE IT WHEN RTS HAVE A GO GET RIGHT UP THERE ARSE AND REV THE KMACKERS OUT MY CAR THEY SOON PULL OVER
You wont be using "One careful lady owner" then it guess.:D

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 18 June 2003

Zetec-S drivers are the worst, constantly driving up my arse :sleep:
that sounds painful Ralphy !!...you wanna go careful on here m8....people could start chattin !! he he he

ive never had a 172 or sport want to race with me.....i wouldnt see any point in it as their car is quicker......would be pointless.....but i know where your comming from.....every 1.4 & 1.1 etc wants to race yer & they usually try in built up areas.....so you have to drive to the nearest dual carriage way....just a bit of a shock for em when they find out that your not a 1.4 as well !!

Suzuki SV650

I will never try it on with a R5 GTT or a valver or VTS/172/Ferrari, just try to stay close to the car without making him/her think I want a race, just so I can look at the car! Esp if its a Clio Ill try following it just in case there are friendly thumbs up or something...

.. Usually try it on with Fiestas, VTRs, crap looking Novas and Cavaliers and stuff. Whats the point in trying it on with cars that are so much faster?!