ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do you get the wee wee taken out of you for having a clio

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think there crap, deserve it lol, don't see why anyone would own a none RS clio, seriously lol.

T

thecremeegg

nope, everyone loves them, cracking cars just badly built which isnt too much of a problem

2001 A(wful)uthentique
My mate thinks clio's are girls car, yet he drives around in a yellow Fiat. Strange that.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yes i do, then i offer them a race and they all say no!!!

now whos the girl!?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
??

there not.

but if anyone calls my car girly i offer them a burn and no one has said yes yet

I used to get that, but as I was the only one with a car at the time it soon stopped after making them walk home from a country pub about this time of year :D

Problem now is they drive and my punto is apparently 'dale winton blue' :S

visualize whirled pe
You'll never please everyone so it's best if you just drive what makes you happy. Try being an mx5 owner, one of the best handeling cars you can buy for under £5k yet every ill informed numpty on the planet will make you endure the 'it's a womans car' insults.

a renault
nope, everyone loves them, cracking cars just badly built which isnt too much of a problem

The build quality is terrbile, that's why I got rid of my shed, and know four other ppl who have build quality problems and one of them has had 3 in the past so knows what he's on about, but unfortunately he's a bit slow at realising hence why h'es at three until he's realised the build qualiity is umbeliabley crap.

Yeah, they are quick round the bends etc..., but what car isn't at just over a tonne? I prefer a balance of performance and reliablity, prefer to lose a bit of performance to reliability.

Laguna 2, Westfield

The build quality is terrbile, that's why I got rid of my shed, and know four other ppl who have build quality problems and one of them has had 3 in the past so knows what he's on about, but unfortunately he's a bit slow at realising hence why h'es at three until he's realised the build qualiity is umbeliabley crap.

Everyone that moans on this site must pull their cars to pieces or just buy knackers or something, yeah renaults arent the best in build quailty but they arent as bad as people seem to say.. Our williams isnt built aswell as newer cars but it is 11 years old and who sits looking at the dashboard when you're having this much fun lol

My girlfriend has had 2 dynamique clio's 03/04and they were built very well, everything was fitted well/didnt rattle, it was excellent for little money that they cost. People seem to expect high quality from a cheap car..

When my old daily hack laguna was written off i had a curtosey 56 reg Golf match TDI for 2 months(7miles on the clock), i'd never driven a VW so thought lets see what everyone raves about, yeah it was built ok, not great like i was expecting, the heater controls were nasty and notchy and the door rattled when you had the radio on normal volume, and that 1.9 tdi engine could they make it any louder? lol i wasnt impressed for the 16k it would have cost to buy new.... I much prefer driving my cheap Renault everyday

Yeah, they are quick round the bends etc..., but what car isn't at just over a tonne? I prefer a balance of performance and reliablity, prefer to lose a bit of performance to reliability.

if you think Renaults are bad, buy a Fiat! I'd rather have a 10 year old Clio than my two year old Punto I have owned from new so I know its been looked after.

Clio 197 - TBP style
I do a fair bit for my little clio but i just tell people to shut it as i have a meggy R26 In the gargae at home.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I get it bad as its forever in the garage, all my work mates seem to respect it as 'slighly better' than your standard hairdressers car.

guess your right with the whole racing thing and not getting a response lol
but its more down to age i think, if your younger its more accepted to have a dynamique or extreme. . .if older better to hav an rs, but what ever makes you happy, who cares what others think:)

MY10 R35 GTR
had a couple of my mates say it. But then when u piss all over then on the twistys when he's got a skyline that shuts them up ;)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
mine gets called the handbag!!! coming from the guys at work it ammuses me as they drive potting sheds..... although im converting them slowly

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
erm they are kind of girls cars, i mean you can check the oil without knowing where the dipstick is, they have a big enough boot for all your shopping needs, are safe (airbags and R.A.I.D system), reliable too.
(and yes i've had 2 of them!!) lol

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
A girls car ? I'm a 6' tall 17 stone geezer so I'd have to say no, it's not a girls car.

Any derision about it being small goes out the window when I tell them it's group 4 insurance,
does 70+ mpg and can be taxed for £35 a year.

I'm so impressed I'm thinking of buying another one.

If I do buy another Clio it will probably be a very late mint 172 Cup, also in black.

It's either that or a 330d BMW coupé

i dont really get much grief of my friends about my car, probably becasue most of them own 1.1 saxo's/ 106's

R35 GTR
Mine is a s**t car not a girls car, they all take the piss out of the build quality, except for one guy who used to work on the V6 clio, he thinks its alright.

Mostly the piss taking is down to how much I spend on it.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
A girls car ? I'm a 6' tall 17 stone geezer so I'd have to say no, it's not a girls car.

Any derision about it being small goes out the window when I tell them it's group 4 insurance,
does 70+ mpg and can be taxed for £35 a year.

I'm so impressed I'm thinking of buying another one.

If I do buy another Clio it will probably be a very late mint 172 Cup, also in black.

It's either that or a 330d BMW coupé

they dont make black cups bud! :rasp:

Swift Sport
never had any stick personally, but I get loads of compliments from girls saying my car is 'sexy'.... is that really a bad thing???

...plus, I work at a car supermarket and drive dozens of different cars every day and I can assure you..... most cars are 'girly' these days!!! :)

BMW 330D
I used to get compliments about my car lol.
Never had it called a girls car.
Id tell em to get stuffed if they did.
Its in scrapyard heaven now.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I don't mind, I don't want to impress friends and colleagues who think it's just a clio. I think its charm is that it doesn't shout about it's power or have a boyracer image.

I've had people trying to tell me that my tyres are flat, I've explained that's what a low profile tyre looks like, and they're still convinced my tyresare flat. I just leave them to their ignorance.

People who recognise what separates a Sport from a pleb spec Clio are always impressed.

Mate of mine used to boast that his old Mondeo had 6 gears! Like my bike's got more gears than yours and my Dad's tougher than yours.

This mate, when he bought another Mondeo Diesel was again boasting about mpg and how much power he had. I said my Clio had about 170 hp. He laughed, like John you're mistaken... Then he was impressed.

jsut checked autotrade. 3 out of 4 of the black 172 cups are 172s, the other is a 182. NONE of the 172s are cups!