ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do You Ph1, and 1*2 Cup owners think FF owners are soft?

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Thing is most 182 owners go for cup packs , so you may as well just go for the hardcore 172 cup and save some cash , phase 1 172s are also great shame they didnt do a cup version of that , now that would of been an animal !!!!!

I like all Renaultsports but decided to get a black 182 with cup packs because of the colour and the spec. I like my toys and lets face it you can't tell the difference in speed with the cups.

And I'd make the same type of choice even if it was an m3 & m3 csl or 911 turbo & gt3

A red missile
ukaskew said:
I always give jealous looks to Ph1 owners, just love the look of them. Sames goes for Willys, unfortunately with 16Vs they are mostly badly modded and driven by chavs around here, so I usually ignore them, but it's always nice to see a reasonably standard one although that is pretty rare.

As for looking down on Ph2 FF owners, can't say I've ever done that. However as a general rule I see more middle-aged women/family men with their kids onboard driving FF 172s, but Cup drivers are usually a man on his own gunning it down the road.

I've had some looks from 197 drivers, they've all given me that "I'm better than you" smug look :)

Thats happened to me once - then i totally caned his arse.

Clio 172 mk2
cliobuyer said:
As good as Dansta's Cup looked yesterday, i was glad i had my xenons. Yellow light is for tramps.

lol

I always forget that the cup doesn't have these....it's always nice to have an even clearer view at night in the ff:D

182FF c/w Recaros
Neil G said:
lol

I always forget that the cup doesn't have these....it's always nice to have an even clearer view at night in the ff:D

Ditto that. Love my Xenons. 1st car i've ever had with them and the'yre great:D

MINI JCW
eo52vug said:
Thing is most 182 owners go for cup packs , so you may as well just go for the hardcore 172 cup and save some cash , phase 1 172s are also great shame they didnt do a cup version of that , now that would of been an animal !!!!!

I think people go for the 182 over the 172cup for the extra toys

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im kinda proud of the exclusivity of the Cup...i rarely see another, and the way it handles is IMO alot sharper than a standard Mk 2 172 that i test drove back to back with mine.

Yeah some of the comforts would be nice (plus a few less rattles) but it reminds me that im prob closer to something more hardcore.
The looks of the standard 172 don't really make it stand out, whereas I can always spot a Cup or a 182.
I always look enviously at Trophies when i see them tho.....I think thats gonna be my next CS. Im not really that interested in the new one....well at least until the Cup appears!

LY V6 with Recaros
I like all the rs's, and if my previous cars had a few more luxuries on them then I may have gone for the cup, but I wanted a few more toys this time, which is why I opted for the ff version

182 FF Cup options
well i just bought a ff 182 with both cup options, will that look the same as a clio cup then apart from washer jets. Dan

172 Cup
A 182 with Cup packs is different than a 182 Cup. Yours will have the darker coloured wheels, but apart fromt that will look exactly like a normal 182. i.e. You will have washer jets, no stripes and it won't be Inferno orange or Racing blue.

What colour is yours?

182 FF Cup options
12_1.jpg

Black/Gold 182
I went for FF with cup suspension because I wanted the nicer interior (cup seats look really naff to me, esp rear bench) and I didn't really like either of the two colours on offer with the cup (although Racing blue has grown on me). Xenons are cool too.

I didn't get the cup spoiler for fear of losing the splitter over some severe speed bumps near me (my last car, Mitsubishi Galant, always used to bottom out over them).

I don't believe any performance difference would be noticeable on-road (as opposed to track). I'm not even convinced there would be much in it on a track.

172 cup
i think electric mirrors are a bit soft, also i think the 172 cup is a little soft but im enjoying it anyway.

that said i would probably have been happy with a 182

ps i havent found a nasty sppedbump yet in the cup, its much better than my old golf