ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dodgy or what...

This is a decidedly fishy tale....

I have a 2 year old cup and I noticed a bit of bubbling paint on the tailgate. Contacted the local dealer and they refered me to their appointed body shop. I took it to them and they said leave it with us for two days and well sort it. Fine I thought.

Then I get a call saying therell be a delay because they ordered a new tailgate from the main dealer and it was delivered damaged, and so they would have to get another, still quite feasible I thought. Anyway I come to pick the car up a week after i took it in, the guy says its had a new tailgate blar blar blar, but cause it was dark i couldnt see properly. Come this morning, I check it and find that the only part of the tailgate with a dodgy paint finish (a bit like wet and dry) is in exactly the same place as where the defect was originally...

WTF?

Ziel Nurburgring

Get strapped and go down there and cap them mo fos, sorry with all this GTA stuff about i got carried away.

Take it back to the dealer, explain the full situation and your disgust. As it was their approved body shop, they should take responsibility and ask them to sort it asap. Obviously now you will require a hire car and expect it sorted without delay

I agree with you guys but Im wondering whether the best approach might be the peaceful one first. Give them a chance to sort it first before banging on the counter so to speak.. What you think?

I think the body shop may well have had the new tailgate from renault, charged it to the warranty company (i assume thats how it works) and then just bodged my car in the hope theyd get away with it. They even had the audacity to keep the car a day longer because it had to go through quality control A flippin blind man could see what a sh1te job it is, let alone a trained body shop inspector!! Not that Im annoyed or anything!! :)

The other issue is that if I upset them and become a problem customer they might thrash the ar5e off my car more than they usually do....

pooh

Ziel Nurburgring

just go down there and ask for their opinion/explantion. Dont get arsey, just ask them what they think of it or if they could find out why. Only get nasty if they refuse to do anything about it as you dont want to p*ss them off and get no help at all

190 BHP Willy 2

Bang on the counter.

As for thrashing your car, leave a post it note on the speedo with the mileage on there. That way they know that you know what mileage is on there. Therefore reducing the chance of miles being put on your car. Also mention that you dont want your car being driven and point out the said post it.

My mate does it all the time and hes never had a problem.