ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy petrol gauge

i never trust the analogue gauge.

Although i do find the trip computer very accurate.

We were talking about the gauges on the way back from the Ring last month. When you fill up, you seem to be able to drive for ages with the tank showing as full. Then all of a sudden it drops down to half way very quickly. Then hangs about at half full for a bit, and then drops again.

Weird gauges.

I get that on my 1.6.
The first third disappears then the middle third is slow to go, then the final third is quite quick as well. I can fill the tank up and after 7 gallons it will almost be on the red even though there is 3 gallons still in there.

[Edited by George Bush on 7/8/2005 2:44:26 PM]

what he says ^^^^

the notches on the gauge average about a gallon so depending how hard youve been driving it id say its about right.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

maybe its cos of the shape of the fuel tank? duno really.. mine does the same drops off really quick then stays on middle for ages until it drops down to two last notches for ages aswell.