ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's BMW i3S

2014 Clio 200t edc
“My gloves? You wouldn’t be able to use your phone while driving if you wore gloves like i do”

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's the bit that convinced me to do something.

You see her realise she's hit me, sit bolt upright to have a look for damage, sees none, so settles back down again to carry on with whatever was so important.
10000% my thoughts too. Not even the slightest action to even try and hide her phone so she can't say she was on it.

There's no helping some people and it scares me that we have people like that on the road.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Clearly cares as much about the roadworthiness of her vehicle as she does about running into people whilst using her phone;

IMG_9194.png

IMG_9195.png

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
And in 2020 someone in that car decided after getting 11 majors on the MOT fail;

IMG_9196.png

To drive around for 888 miles before getting it tested again, where it still failed with 6 majors;

IMG_9197.png

Obviously has complete disregard for rules, safety of other Road users and safety of anyone else in her car.

Deserves everything she gets.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
And in 2020 someone in that car decided after getting 11 majors on the MOT fail;

View attachment 1650763

To drive around for 888 miles before getting it tested again, where it still failed with 6 majors;

View attachment 1650764

Obviously has complete disregard for rules, safety of other Road users and safety of anyone else in her car.

Deserves everything she gets.

I'd seen that already, was definitely another factor driving me to press send.

@MarkCup

With the intent to NIP, I’d remove the video from public until all wrapped up.

Let me know if you want it removed from here.

What video?

It's now private.

I did think that might be an issue, but the video was racking up some steady views, earning OK despite the swearing on the podcast, and I thought if it was a problem for the prosecution I'd instead just send it to every dash cam channel out there.

But I want her to feel this, so no views and no dollar until I get confirmation the process is over.

Then, I'm going to re-publish mine, and send it to every dash cam channel out there.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@MarkCup i need to see the video. I feel like a kid that’s had coal for Christmas with everyone else tucking in to a Satsuma.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
A quick update on what, up until a couple evenings ago, has proven to be a fantastic daily workhorse...

Driving home Wednesday evening (2100 ish) I did my usual 'OK, you're gonna stay in lane two onto, through, and out of this roundabout so seeing as the road is completely clear in all directions I'm coming past you in lane one' move [chef's kiss], as I exited the roundabout under full load there was a massive mechanical judder through the drivetrain and I lost all power.

Now I'm in lane one, just rolling along, dead throttle, and a fully lit dashboard saying pull the f*** over and call roadside assistance.

I come to a halt, turn it off and on again, nope, nothing. There's a dropped kerb ahead so I check I can get it into neutral so I can push it off the carriageway, and as I go to get out and push, the dash returns to normal. No lights, all seems good.

I stick it in drive, and have been happily kicking its head in ever since without issue.

Doesn't fill me with much confidence that it could just do that at any point without warning though. Gonna give the local BMW dealer a call and have them give it a once over.

Otherwise, after 14.5k miles, I'm still loving this little thing. I've driven all our fleet of EVs over the last couple of months (Skoda Enyaq, Jaguar i-Pace, Nissan Leaf 🤮, Vauxhall Mokka-E 🤮🤮🤮, Lexus UX300e, BMW i4 M50, BMW iX3) and compared to the i3 all of them feel SO heavy.

I'll genuinely miss it when it has to go back, BMW really did create something quite unique when they made this...quite sad that there'll never be another like it with such a focus on weight reduction.

Forgot to mention that it had two new rear tyres recently, bloody awkward size means there's only one tyre option, and it cost £550 for the pair! Fronts still have plenty of life left though.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I wouldn't be happy with that either, wonder if they can find anything and explain/sort it.

Always wondered about those silly tyres, quite annoying here's so little choice.