ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does Any One Know How To...............

Rsport182Cup'd
fit oil pressure guagues to the 182 clio, electric or mechanical, electric preffered.

i want to keep a closer eye on the oil temp and pressure whilst on le trac.

thanks

Lionel Richie
yeah its not hard, you can either fit a sandwich plate between the block and filter and tap off there, or tap off from the oil pressure swith on the front of the block etc etc

Rsport182Cup'd
where do i get a sandwich other than greggs fred?

and just out of interest would vacuum go on the inlet plenum near the air filter

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hijacking your thread a smidge.. Is it worth fitting an oil temp gauge just so you know when you can drive a bit harder? Water temp is hardly a good way of telling when the engine is warmed up :p

Rsport182Cup'd
the oil pressure was a practicality issue, the vac was interesting if i had a spare pod for it to fit in to.

whos guages do you use fred, i want some that match the car, the nearest i can find are raid ones, they are amber dialed like the car,
i want pod guages and fittments and instructions, paypal waiting.

Clio 172 mk2
I was going to suggest those as well....you can have oil temp and pressure in one gauge.

Better fitment with senders as well....I'd be a little uneasy at the thought of hot oil flowing around tubes inside the cabin which is what you'll get with some more simple gauges.