ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone like loud exhausts?? Help??

Collected the 172 today and brought it home
On the motorway it was far too loud for me
It has a Ktec full system, the unsilenced centre section and unsilenced de-cat make it LOUD , too add insult to injury the previous owner paid £435 (with ktec receipt) to make there ears bleed haha!!!
Do you think just a silenced centre section and keep the de-cat, would make it quieter??
Anyone fancy a louder exhaust lol

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I would get rid of the decat too.
Unless you can be bothered to keep swapping it out for MOT. Unless you know the garage etc etc bla bla bla.

Thought about a sports cat but not sure how good they are tbh
Going to ring K-tec tomorrow see what they have as a replacement?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what they offer as ive never bought from them but I'm sure they will sort you out. Just watch out for their K-TAX

Megane r26
Silenced centre section will quieten it down but still give a nice tone.

Wouldn't personally bother with a sports cat as the standard cats aren't that restrictive and you can pick used ones up in here for pennies

Clio cup 172
I have the exact same exhaust, only I have a cat in place with no centre silencer. On motorway it is awful as is. Would hate to have it decatted. Makes my journey feel so long. I'm 33 so maybe I'm getting old. I know k tec sell the centre silencer on its own for around 160 turning the supersport (which we both have) into the sport. It seems a quiet enough exhaust. Check it out on YouTube. If it took the drone away on the motoway, I'd be well chuffed. I actually try to avoid motorway journeys now due to the noise at 65mph +
Think you have to search ktec silenced exhaust. Most of clips are of unsilenced though but there are a few
Suppose you could always go to a exhaust shop like powerflow and get them to weld in a silencer, but you'll have no idea how the exhaust will sound afterwards

Megane r26
Must say that is one of the reasons I love my Megane!

3inch turbo back with decat and no centre box and it's quiet as a mouse until it's on boost, perfect for long trips!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Going to get a silenced centre pipe first I think and standard cat as MOT is due in about 4 months so may aswel get it all sorted now and enjoy it on the motorway aswel as everywhere else lol

182 ff
get some sound deadering in the boot and insulation foam..i did it with mind,cuts a lot of the noise down..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I have the KTR backbox and unsilenced centre section on my 182 - I've had it on for years. Personally, I don't mind it one bit - but I don't know if the 182 backbox is quieter than the 172 version?