ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone not mod their cars?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
it depends on the car really i modded my current car because it looked Sh!t, but my next car will probably stay standard, unless it sits as high as a 4X4 :eek:

Clio
The clio is actually my first unmodded car, and will stay stock just to have a cheap car for once.

Not got a car
alway have:

1st Car: Clio 1.2 RN, K&N 57i, Peco Powermaster, Renault 5 GT Alloys
2nd: Pug 106 1.1, Green Induction kit, AEZ Alloys, Peco 3"
3rd: Citreon AX, Scorpion Twin Imola
4th, Saxo VTR, Lower, Alloys, Cam, Green inclosed, Remap, Ported, list goes on
5th, Astra GSI, Alloys, Intercooler, remap, Filter, lower list goes on
6th, Clio 172, Filter
7th, Saxo VTS, S/S 4-1, Filter, Lower, Alloys, 306GTI-6 brakes
8th, Corsa CDTI, Remap, Filter, HID upgrade
9th Clio 182, Alloys, Filter, Soon to be remap, inlets and scorpion.

Oh ive spent alot :S

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Upto now the only thing i've ever done is take off modsl lol,

Apart from swapping the odd bit with genuine renault bits i've not done much, my mk1 16v had silver williams wheels on it and spoiler - my williams was beyond standard!!

The 172's only got a cup spoiler for now, i'm itching to play with it though

E36 328
standard cars are boring. my first car was bought modded (not well but still) and the other 3 have been modded within the first week i would say!

+1 on whoever said why not take pictures of renault's press pics!

Tav

Clio 197
182 Cup is just fine from the factory. I can't think of anything that's worth changing. Chassis is perfect for Scottish A/B roads. Looks great with the Cup pack...could maybe be a touch lower but then you'd potential sacrifice ride/handling for looks which is never good.

Now the Polo hillclimb on the other hand will be heavily modified. The reason being that we want to extract the maximum performance from the car to do the best we can in a competition. Spending the extra money increasing the horse power or moving a suspension component to alter the geometry will yield a better time and thus is money well spent. Another 20BHP in the Clio would not make it any better as a road car.

I think a lot of cars can benefit from a set of nice wheels and a drop. Just about every VW looks good on BBS wheels and with 40-60mm of ride height removed! I can appreciate a well modified car that has some excellent personal touches, just not something I've done myself yet. I think the VW/Audi lot do it best but enjoy other cultures as well.

If I were using the Clio for track days I might modify it a little but I'd be more interested in competing in which case it would, like the Polo, become heavily modified.

Clio 172 RS2
What falls under modding?
Do you see modding in the same way as tuning... (MAX power stylo?)

So it's got a ITG filter, Richbrook Ali gearknob, Brembo HC disc w. Ferodo DS2500 pads and O.Z. F1 wheels... + removed the RS badge on the boot.