ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does the 200 have a service within the first 500 miles?

Clio V6, Clio 200
Hi all, I've just put a deposit down on a Clio 200, first registered November 2010.

I know the service schedule is 2yrs or 12k miles (the car has done 8k, so first is due in November this yr) but I just wanted to check, is there a running in service at 500 miles like on some cars? or is it literally all the way to 12k for that first service?

Feels a bit strange buying an almost 2 yr old car with no service stamps!

cheers
Dan

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Never heard of a new car having a 500 mile service.

the vast majority of manufacturers offer it as a non compulsary option. I would do it personally, an engine will produce the most swark and debris in the first few hundred miles of it's life and I'd want that out as soon as possible

RS 200 Clio is a 2 year service interval, the same as all new renaults, which IMO is neglectful. I advise informally to stick to the earlier service schedule that applied to the 197

EDC 220 Trophy
Whilst on the subject of a service for a 200. I have my first service booked in. Iv'e been quoted £272inc VAT. Is this a reasonable price. They have also offered and engine flush for something like £35+VAT. Is this worth having done??

They will be carried out some warranty work to as I can no longer open the tailgate on the stupid thing!

EDC 220 Trophy
Dan, please forgive me ignorance. Are you Renault dealer? I just know I have to get it done with Renault to keep my warranty valid. Thanks for the advise on the engine flush though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dan, please forgive me ignorance. Are you Renault dealer? I just know I have to get it done with Renault to keep my warranty valid. Thanks for the advise on the engine flush though.

No you don't.

As long as a VAT registered garage does it and uses OE quality parts, it does not affect your warranty.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
the vast majority of manufacturers offer it as a non compulsary option. I would do it personally, an engine will produce the most swark and debris in the first few hundred miles of it's life and I'd want that out as soon as possible

The 500 mile service was more common in the past iirc, I know it's still a really common service on motorbikes. The new bikes I've had have always required them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Back on topic, I did an oil/filter change after 500 miles just for peace of mind.

If for any reason there was a bit of s**t floating about in the engine after it had been built, I'd rather get it out sooner than later.