ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this sound more than a shitty Gearbox?

So this description may be difficult to diagnose from, so ill try and give as much detail as i can.

Now i know my gearbox is on its way out, i'm guessing Syncromesh is at fault here. From cold the gearbox is OK (sort of), goes into gear fine through all selections. When warm however it doesn't like going into 3rd, it sometimes has a little hissy fit and crunches a little. All other gears are fine though, Strange? With this said it also has a tenancy not to go into first gear, i usually have to whack it in second then into first to get it into gear (this doesn't happen that often though)

Now for the part i may not be able to describe that good. But here goes. The car seems to tick at low revs when in gear, this is only apparent in 1st and reverse gear, once the car is in decent motion or over certain revs it disappears. Its definitely not so much a 'teppety' and the noise gets faster and fainter as the car moves along. No issues with the engine though, she pulls well and sounds really good. But that Gearbox is a friken nightmare!

ANY IDEAS?