ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox pivot Bush/Clip

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Hi.

I have just purchased a track based clio which has a pure motorsport gear linkage and shifter.

I drove the car down the road and lost the gears. Turns out the circlip and bush from the pivot arm to the gearbox has dropped out.

I have ordered a new bush and clip but I am concerned it may drop out again? It seems a really poor design and there is hardly any material to hold the clip in as the recess it sits in is very shallow.

I have knocked up a plate that sits under the bush which I bolted to the gearbox housing but i had to make it out of thin metal as the thicker piece was stopping it going into reverse gear.

I have had a fair few clios before and never had this issue? Not impressed with the pure motorsport setup either is there a Better alternative or a more permanent mod to stop this bush falling out?

Thanks

Clio 172 RS phase 2
I had similar issues and when I got my box rebuilt, the guy put a small self-tapping button-head screw just to one side of the bush.

Never had any issues since.

I've got the PMS shifter and actually find it a pretty good piece of kit. It was on the car when I bought it, and compared to my other 2 172s it's a big improvement.