ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does your 182 idle resonate through the car??

R27 - 77/500
As above my idle is about 850 - 900 going off rev counter.

When its sitting idle it resonates inside the car really loud. If i touch throttle slightly and take it to 1000rpm its nice a quiet.

Its starting to do my nut it coz its like that annoying noise you get with one window down booming away when you drive at certain speeds

also my parcel shelf vibrates away its so thin. think that will be getting thrown out.:mad:

No. The resonant frequency of mine seems to be a bit higher - Around 2k ish.

Would it depend on the exhaust I wonder? Or is it more to do with engine vibration?

I get a little but its cos i have uprated gearbox and engine mounts, so it vibrates more through the car! Maybe check what state your engine mounts etc are in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've just had the dogbone mount fitted, it's defo vibrating more than normal.

Doesn't a remap bring the tickover up to 1.1kRPM? If so might do it.

172 with k-tec sound
I've just had the dogbone mount fitted, it's defo vibrating more than normal.

Doesn't a remap bring the tickover up to 1.1kRPM? If so might do it.

it does., i have the rs tuner remap from henk, and it now idles at 1k much smooother imho

R27 - 77/500
cheers guys, any other benefits to the remap to make it worthwhile?

It makes the noise with both the standard exhaust and the milltek I have now.

Will check engine mounts also

172 with k-tec sound
raises the limiter, smoothes out the gearing, and the 5k kick, best mod i have done imho

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
RS tuner. I got one off here for that exact problem (low idle speed) Once remaped it sat just under 1k. Perfect.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think I might have to get an RS tuner, still don't understand it fully though lol

Mondeo TDCI 130
And if me and ^ him can do it, any moron can! Hi gaz....... <3.x Pesky scott getting in the way!!!!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Flol! I knew what i was doing!!

duuuuuurrrrrrrrr, what do we 'fink' kev? :eek:

There was no smoke from the ecu whilst we were doing things, and it started!.

Worked well imo!

R27 - 77/500
Lol I will have to have a search coz I dont know what your going on about, Take it you dont just upload a new map.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
I've taken out my boot carpet and i may just be imagining it but i think it has helped with this - i also have a milltek

Arctic Blue 182
Theres a simple fix for the parcel shelf vibration in the guides section iirc, sticky felt :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
So the RS' have a low idle? i thought mine was broken as all other cars iv had/been in idle quite high but my 172 idles at 550ish and is rouch as hell :(