ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does Your Clio 182 do this

Titanium Clio 182

When driving in 1st 2nd or 3rd, accelerate for about 3 -5 seconds (lightly) then quickly remove the pressure from the accelerator. I can hear a click noise, it just happens once but it happens every time i take my foot of the accelerator its very weird. I can only hear it when the radio is off but it cant be normal. The noise seems to be coming from in front of me, infront of the steering wheel, probably under the bonnet or above my feet. But its annoying.

Lee

BMW M2C

Yes, mine does that. Its been in twice over the last two weeks to get it fixed. On both occasions they carried out the strut top mount which obviously isnt the cause!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive read on here its an incorrect sized power steering hose, but not being mechanical I dont really know.

I dont think its supposed to happen.

Twice now I have offered to replicate this for them and on both occasions they didnt want me to!

Titanium Clio 182

incorrect sized power steering hose? Whats happening to it though? Is it catching on something or is the pressure in the hose too much? Why is the accelerator making the hose click? Weird, im just going out again in my car, be back in 10 min.

Renaultsport Clio 182

Mine does it too!!! Been wondering about letting some moron at reno to have a look but after the hassle I had getting the headlight washer replaced think Ill leave it till someone finds a cure for it.

Have been think that it could be the microswitch on the accelerator, as there is no throttle cable......may be that.

Reno = noisy switches and relays - Turn your window screen wipers on

Dirty E91

I get this!

Dunno what it is but as in previous threads Im going to wait until the service is due before Renault get their hands on it!

[Edited by martynh on 08 October 2004 at 11:08am]

dk

911 GTS Cab

i have replied to sooooo many threads about this now that I am getting bored of saying it, I had this and have had it fixed, it is a problem (not a feature) and can be fixed!

Lee

BMW M2C

So what is it? Seeing as mine has been in twice for it and its still there you must know more than Renault. ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 08 October 2004

So what is it? Seeing as mine has been in twice for it and its still there you must know more than Renault. ;)
and yes Lee, seeing as you brought it up, I do know more than Renault!;)

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont doubt that mate. Im going to force them to let me drive them a couple of metres across the car park this time to show them what the problem is.

Cheers Dave.

Ill book it in........again. :mad:

They can sort the alarm out again too.

dk

911 GTS Cab

just to reiterate the facts for people to get this sorted:

ok, the clunk when taking your foot off the accelerator at low speeds is not normal and can be cured as I had it from new on mine.

Took it to renault and the fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They adjusted the heat shield as it was positioned wrong, then they tightened an engine mount, and finally my exhaust was bowing in the middle which they rectified.

One of these things fixed the clunk, just not sure which one, but at least you know it can be cured and what they can try. I am guessing this is a common problem so they should have a tech note about it.

Good luck guys and get it sorted, so much nicer without it!

Titanium Clio 182

well it seems quite common so im going to wait untill the 6k service (check up) which is free then ill mention is and ill mention the passenger seat is rattling again after they supposedly fixed it. Its a loose roller i think, they changed the rollers and it was alright for about 2 days then it started rattling again its very annoying as it rattles over tiny bumps on the road. Also just to the right of the steering wheel where the plastic metalic silver strip is its rattling (well not the strip as i took it off and something behind it rattle (vibrates and makes a noise) when i put pressure on it, it stops. Can you order the silver plastic things (dunno their name) as mine is all scratched near to the key i dunno why as i didnt scratch it also i have a tiny hole in my alacanta material on my seat but i dunno how it got there. Lots of problems!!!! But still very nice to drive.

dk

911 GTS Cab

6k service which is free, ive been told that isnt the case now, it used to be a safety check thing but its not done now, that is unless your dealer is running it by themselves?

Titanium Clio 182

well they have told me to bring it in at 6k for a quick check. So ill tell them everything about it, seat and the noise after I take my foot off the accelerator.

I think my 182 does this aswell. I always reverse off my drive and it makes a clunk "noise" I can feel it as well in the accelerator pedel...

Ive got it aswell, the cars been into reno twice, they still havent fixed it, Ive given up now.

Im told its the top engine mount, if you rock the engine, you can hear it clearly coming from the engine mount.

Theyve attempted my clicking clutch pedal twice but failed, Bloody Renaults!

On a good note, they have changed the middle section of the exhaust, my 4k rattle has gone!

Arctic Blue 182

There was another thread about this earlier on in the week. I said it then and Ill say it again here....

Mine does it too, and its booked in at Gordon Lambs, Chesterfield Saturday 16th of October to have this fixed....and my sticking electric window switch......and the click when I take my foot off the clutch.....and my rattling vents......and my rattling nearside inside rear paneling....!

but I still love the car.

dk

911 GTS Cab

the click from the clutch happens in a lot of cars, my ford did it and my mums ford does it, my 182 does it sometimes, there is a reason for it and someone explained it on here recently, wouldnt worry about it though.

Titanium Clio 182

its the accelerator not the clutch. When ireverse off my drive and it also makes a clunk "noise" I can feel it as well in the accelerator pedel. Dunno what it is but surely it shouldnt to it. My brother has a clio 182 but his clicking is very quiet and also has the seem noise when reversing.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 08 October 2004

its the accelerator not the clutch. When ireverse off my drive and it also makes a clunk "noise" I can feel it as well in the accelerator pedel. Dunno what it is but surely it shouldnt to it. My brother has a clio 182 but his clicking is very quiet and also has the seem noise when reversing.
sorry mate, i was replying to the post above mine which is talking about the clutch, it went a bit off topic.

The clunk you feel when you first move off, or reverse when getting in the car is the ABS doing a self check and is normal on all 182s you should feel somehting touching through the pedals and it is just the abs self testing so nothing to worry about.

The thing you need to get sorted is the knocking noise when taking your foot off the accelerator at low speeds. Thats the thing i had and was fixed.

David

Titanium Clio 182

ok thanks dave, ill just tell them its making a clunk noise about a second after you leave go of the accelerator at low speeds in 1st / 2nd gear. I hope it gets fixed as its very annoying. Also my rattling passenger seat will have to be fixed again.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 09 October 2004

ok thanks dave, ill just tell them its making a clunk noise about a second after you leave go of the accelerator at low speeds in 1st / 2nd gear. I hope it gets fixed as its very annoying. Also my rattling passenger seat will have to be fixed again.
mine was in for a service today and i told them about the rattling passenger seat and they said there is nothing they can do with it as it isnt the runners (they could just replace those) so looks like I will have to turn the stereo up!

Ford Fiesta

mine does it too. Seen as everyones seems to be doing it,c cant be serious hence rather put up with it like coope182 says.

coope182, what did they mess you healdight washer repair up by doing? Mine needs changing but agian avoiding them for reasons mentioned.

Arctic Blue 182

I was told the click on the clutch is the Self Adjuster thingy-mi-bob. Its when the teeth on it dont align and mesh properly. Either way it shouldnt do it and I want it putting right.

But yes, the main thing is the clunk from what seems to be the offside front wheel area. Mines even started doing it when Im tootling through towns etc, not just when I take my foot off the accelerator.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Faz182 on 10 October 2004

I was told the click on the clutch is the Self Adjuster thingy-mi-bob. Its when the teeth on it dont align and mesh properly. Either way it shouldnt do it and I want it putting right.

But yes, the main thing is the clunk from what seems to be the offside front wheel area. Mines even started doing it when Im tootling through towns etc, not just when I take my foot off the accelerator.
the click thing I believe is a feature and not a problem, I had a 1.2 16v courtesy car yesterday and that did it, my mums puma does it, my brother 1.2 clio does it, my dads megane does it, my old fiesta did it so most of the cars i have ever driven have done it, good luck.

Mini Cooper S sport

My 172 makes this clunk noise at low speeds as well.

Its going in on Tuesday to have it fixed. The garage told me it was something to do with the suspension though, so we shall see.