ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog Bone mount Bushing- Knackard? (Pic)

Recaro + Cupped 182
Hello,

I noticed that the dog bone mount is sitting slightly low. Is this normal or should I get on and get a powerflex/ktec one? is it easy to fit?

Cheers!

Does this look normal?

DSC00238-1.jpg

Recaro + Cupped 182
Bit noisy, but thats just clios isnt it! The thing that makes me thing its cream crackered is the slightly poo gear change going back in to first, even when stationary.

alien green rs133
get a screwdriver or similar and just prise it see how much movement it has, poor gear changes can be gear oil/gear level

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Every car i've ever driven unless it's jap doesn't like going into 1st unless it's stationary.

Recaro + Cupped 182
Also makes a thump noise when it goes back into first, and when lifting off at high revs I get a knocking from the front drivers side near the top of the engine. Could that be down to these Bushes or is that more likely to be the top engine mounts?

Cheers,

B

Evo 6, E92 320d
Loosen off the top engine mount, give it a couple taps with a hammer till its as far toward the front of the car as poss then retighten, solved my knocking in 1st/2nd problem.

how much of a gap can you see between the top mount's buffers and the metalwork?

the engine mounts are all pap and lots of people have found they benefit from renewal

Clio
I'm getting a knocking when I drive off from stationery. It sounds like its coming from the drivers side.

Would this be purely down to the engine mounts or could this be the gearbox mount?

By the way my car is a Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v :)

Recaro + Cupped 182
how much of a gap can you see between the top mount's buffers and the metalwork?

the engine mounts are all pap and lots of people have found they benefit from renewal

The top mount's already been done once! theres not much of a gap and if I grab the engine and rock it I can here a knock, but i dont think its the same one!

Will give the hammer trick a go in daylight, If I have to change them again think Ill get the ktec group N ones. Any one used these?