ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog bone mount fitting...

6/468 17poo
Should be receiving new powerflex bushes today, what is the easiest way to get to the mount? Jack one side of the car or just the front?

I'm a jack amateur..........

Thanks Ryan

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Stick the front up on axle stands, they can sometimes take bit of persuasion and you don't want the car coming down on you.

LY FF182
Check the metal sleeves are right in the kit too.. Bashed my old bushes out, squeezed new ones in and then found the hole in the sleeve for the bolt wasn't big enough for the bolt to go through. Had to get it machined before fitting!

6/468 17poo
Stick the front up on axle stands, they can sometimes take bit of persuasion and you don't want the car coming down on you.

Will the engine not move if you take the mount off and only the front is in the air?

Need to find the jack points then for a trolley jack...any one?

FF Clio 182
10 minute job. Undo both bolts, slide old dog-bone out put the new on in. There is a brace bar on the front side that has 2 bolts to the engine, made it easier loosening them off otherwise getting the bolt in can be a bit tight. I jacked car up on one side just enough to get under it.

On the big end of the dog-bone you may need to open the gap slightly where it attaches to the car as it can sometimes be a tight fit. I put a bit of grease on the flanges as it makes it go in easier.