ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dog leg mount

Renault Laguna Sports

Easy to do, only a 16mm nut and bolt at either end, should take about 10 / 15 mins max once car is jacked up.

Willy2

i will guys thanks for the advice, i paid £70 supplied and fitted and im not paying that again, they must have seen me coming from way off. Oh is there anywhere that sells uprated mounts?

19 16V

You shouldnt really need uprated mounts unless you drive your valver like a loon... standard ones are more than up to the job

Clio 197

i did mine is bout 30 mins they cost about 15 quid from http://www.eurocarparts.co.ukwww.eurocarparts.co.uk thats for an RT tho. i replaced mine cos the car was juddering a bit but it didnt seem to make much difference obviously the fault lies in one of the other mounts!

19 16V

At the bottom that goes under the subframe? If so I have one for sale..

I renewed the two mounts on my GTS-X, bottom donut mount costs £44 new and the front rubber one was about £26...

raj mate, you wont need an up-rated one (but then sayin that youll probubally find that they are the same price as OE ones) they are a doddle to change if yer dont mind lyin on yer back or finding a mate that works in a garage (get it on the ramp)

how can you tell when the dog leg / dog bone mount has gone? do they snap / break or do they just wear down or somet?

I get a bit of exhaust rattle and have been told this could fix a bit of the exhaust rattle. But mine doesnt appear to be broken. so wonderin how to tell if its warn or not

lift up your bonnet & rev the engine.....if the engine moves alot then then dogleg prob needs replacing......never heard of one breaking !! thing is if you dont replace it then it usually causes other things to go....i.e other mounts,exhaust joints etc

I personally reckon all the engine mounts in valvers are soft, they are fine when new, but seem to deteriote quickly, how much is the uprated one, Id love to cut out even more engine movement

19 16V

Yes engine mounts are easy to break if you abuse the engine, I have managed to break two engine mounts (Donut and front) as well as chewed through a driveshaft yesterday, second one in a fortnight!