ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dogbone mount

clio sport cup 172
got a lot of vibration through the gearstick,is it the dogbone mount? also lot of engine movement on start up CHEERS

If the gear level moves round on lift off etc then I'd check that mount and chnage if needed else try the other mounts.

Clio 172 Cup
I have a dog bone mount with uprated bushes bought from ktec, am removing it this weekend to put a standard one back in. Reason is because I'm selling the car therefore restoring it to factory spec.

The bushes usually come on there own, but will sell the uprated mount as a whole, saving you the hassle of knocking the old bushes out and pushing the new ones in.

Have done about 2000 miles since they have been on the car.

PM me for a price.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
can you buy replacement rubber from renault or would i have to get that ktec rubbish?

the whole things about £40 from reno aint it?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i just got quoted about £110 for one of these! they told me they cant change the rubber you have to change the entire thing. is this true?? their exact words were that the engine stabiliser bar was worn and needed replacing.

Ph1 172
where can I get an uprated one of these for a PH1?
(I think ph1s have a straight mount) please correct me if Im wrong though

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
i just got quoted about £110 for one of these! they told me they cant change the rubber you have to change the entire thing. is this true?? their exact words were that the engine stabiliser bar was worn and needed replacing.

The phase 1 mount is more than the phase 2 mount :( It's recently gone up again though as it was 70odd.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
right. I need a new dog bone mount for my phase 1 172. only place to get the complete mount is renault and they was £96 PLUS VAT (£113) for it!!!!! is it a cheaper and probably better option to just buy the poly bush from K Tec for £35 and then get it pressed into my existing mount bracket somewhere? or is this not viable - and so just get stung for £113 for one mounting from the stealers??

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
can you buy replacement rubber from renault or would i have to get that ktec rubbish?

We have sold hundreds of the lower dog bone mounts. Not bad for something that is obvioulsy rubbish (in your opinion).

David.

We have sold hundreds of the lower dog bone mounts. Not bad for something that is obvioulsy rubbish (in your opinion).

David.

Not rubbish but the experienced mechanics on here recommend using only OEM mounts. So id tend to lean towards agreeing with them.... I await to be prooved wrong however

Lionel Richie
motorsport engineer recommends stock ;)

the mk1 172 can use the mk2 dogbone if you don't fancy paying over £100 for the mk1 dogdone

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
so how easy is it just to replace the rubber and save yourself some ££££ from buying the entire unit from Renault? thats what will have gone on my car won't it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't believe the amount of dog bone threads on this website, are they really that important? Do they fail loads or what?

Lionel Richie
yes very important! they reduce the rotational effect caused by the engine

ie they reduce the movement of the engine rocking back and forth on/off the power

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My cars 6.5 years old, guessing i might aswell just get a new one? If i leift the bonnet and shake my enfine with my hands it moves lots IMO.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
im now confused! if you cant replace the rubber then why do K Tec sell the polyurethane replacement - im guessing for the rubber mounting in the bracket??