ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

...domain name question noobZ...

i dont know much about the interweb...but

i just purchased a domain name for 2 years (was a .net one)

and there is an option 8 quid for me to make my details (whois) private..? i didnt think this could be done?? or are they trying to fleece another 8 quid out of me..

also the (.co.uk and the .com) versions of my site are registered till march 2010 and i dont think the guy will buy them again as the site (personal one) is not updated anymore etc and is shite..

is there any kind of website that can grab these for me as soon as they expire? that i dont have to pay 30 quid for (even if it might not get them)

any help appreciated guys...

cheers

Nike Lunar Elite's
I've used SnapNames at work to grab a domain but was unsuccessful, none can guarentee they will get the domain for you unforunately. The issue is there is no set time that they will be released by Nominet (for uk domains) so you have a huge window of 24 hours to manually check.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up about them expiring - the owner could still have them set to auto-renew.