ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DONT BUY NON HUBCENTRIC SPACERS, I'M SAVING YOUR LIFE...

Bumder With A Buffer
By the looks of it your heading stow way from bury?? Just before that right hander at rougham and where you can turn off for the industrial estate??!!

SQ5
By the looks of it your heading stow way from bury?? Just before that right hander at rougham and where you can turn off for the industrial estate??!!

Yes, turning right caused the wheel to carry on going straight without my car :p lol

Bumder With A Buffer
Christ that's only a light right hander.. the next one is worse! At least you didnt roll it though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well the works cars ran them on loads of occasions ...clio maxi's ran them..never had a fail...

easier and cheaper than having to change rim offset just to fill a few mm in an arch..

Exactly, not worth the hassle /life/accident for a few mm here and there

People on here keep telling me i need some for the 197, but i'd rather be safe knowing that if i'm proper committed round a bend, nothing other than the Renault stuff will fall off ;) If there was an advantage of giving the 197 even more track, i'm sure it would have been done in the r&d stage. Yes, these were ropey non hubcentrics, but i dont like the idea full stop tbh, more stressed componants etc

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
what happened to the bolts?? did they snap or just rattle loose??

perhaps the nuts wernt tight?? made any enemies lately?

SQ5
what happened to the bolts?? did they snap or just rattle loose??

perhaps the nuts wernt tight?? made any enemies lately?

3 bolts were found by the copper on the side of the road. The bolt holes were legthened so they we hardly staying in as the hoel was so much bigger. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Nuts were 100% tight

Exactly, not worth the hassle /life/accident for a few mm here and there

People on here keep telling me i need some for the 197, but i'd rather be safe knowing that if i'm proper committed round a bend, nothing other than the Renault stuff will fall off ;) If there was an advantage of giving the 197 even more track, i'm sure it would have been done in the r&d stage. Yes, these were ropey non hubcentrics, but i dont like the idea full stop tbh, more stressed componants etc

as started ran them on the clio's maxi's..will take more abuse there in a day than on your car for life..i'm running 30mm ones on my maxi and over 250bhp and 18 inch rims...no issues whatever..no extra stresses just use a good tuv approved item..if you don't want to fit them fine..

but good ones are perfectly safe..