ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't you hate it when...

BMW E46 330i Touring
You spend a good few hours washing and waxing your car, nothing too time consuming but just a basic clean, you step inside and then it pours down! :mad: It was like the clouds were watching me, saw me finish and thought "right, lets kick up some mud on that baby!".

Interestingly, I haven't spent nearly as much time or effort looking after the cleanliness of my 172 as I did my old Fiesta... must be some kind of compromise between looks and driving fun...

No photos because I've misplaced my camera, but a couple of my old Fiesta, for old-time's sake... :)

DSC00689.jpg

newlights2.jpg

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else has found that they spend less time keeping their performance-orientated cars clean in comparison to cars with less performance?

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Nope not me mate, i had 2 run arounds of which they both blew but now i got ma RS and its such a good looking car it deserves the respect IMo

Nice n clean btw :)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Nice fiesta acrebo, I went from a 1.6 Si to a Megane Coupe to a 182. And although the Fiesta was the slowest of the bunch I still think back to how great it was to drive! I dont think mine was ever that clean tho, good job!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not quite, they're Euro RS Accessories, so only paid about £30 for them, as opposed to the UK Spec ones that are worth about £400! Well, lots of money...

Yeah, she was my pride and joy, but it just sat on my drive now, hopefully be selling soon....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I used to clean my past three cars religiously! The clio not so much! lol. You should see it now!

This used to get cleaned all the time! :D
2005_0611Image0063.gif

RB182cup&golf gti
i've got a fiesta si in that colour, alright little car, almost as clean as the one in the pic...not!

Yeah this happened to me the Saturday before last. Got the car all washed, wheels and everything and thought i'll wax it now. So leathered it down then it started raining just as I finished leathering it so didnt get chance to wax it.

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
That is nearly as annoying as what happened to me the other sunday afternoon... Having spent hours washing , waxing & polishing my car with teneder loving care... Almost the second I had finished & sttod back to admire my handy work..What must have been an Albatross decided to rid itself of what must have been the nights before Chicken Jalfrezhi right in the middle of my bonnet!!!... The thud could be heard about 5 miles away & was a bugger to get off!!... If only I'd had a shotgun on me at the time !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BMW E46 330i Touring
^^ lmao!, bird crap is always annoying because you can't just wipe it off as it smears.. you have to wash the whole car again!

acrebo said:
^^ lmao!, bird crap is always annoying because you can't just wipe it off as it smears.. you have to wash the whole car again!

hmm, that's bad news as I've just bee out in the dark tonight with a damp cloth to remove some bird muck off the side of my previously clean car... I wonder if it will look even worse in the morning :rolleyes: Ah well.

BMW E46 330i Touring
RobertCL said:
hmm, that's bad news as I've just bee out in the dark tonight with a damp cloth to remove some bird muck off the side of my previously clean car... I wonder if it will look even worse in the morning :rolleyes: Ah well.

You might be lucky but last time I tried wiping off bird muck, it just left a streaky white smudge... :( Although a dry clean cloth, followed by a little bit of polish normally gets rid of it.

acrebo said:
You might be lucky but last time I tried wiping off bird muck, it just left a streaky white smudge... :( Although a dry clean cloth, followed by a little bit of polish normally gets rid of it.

Has been raining since then, so thats probably made it blend in! :S

tbh, I just didn't want to end up with a nasty mark down the side of my car as it probably wont be getting washed for a while looking at the weather at the minute :dapprove:

A silver Honda
There's no point really during the autumn/winter months.

During late spring and summer this year i washed the car once a week without fail!