ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door badges/bullets - the same??

133/225/CLS AMG
I was wondering if the door badges on the 172 (MKII) are the same in terms of fitment to the standard door badges such as the 16v/1.4 etc?

The reason I ask is that my 172 currently has DIY sprayed door bullets that are ok but not the best finish. I was thinking if I could get a set of non-RS side badges, sand them flat, I have some carbon fibre look wrap I could give them a go with.

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks mate, that's exactly what I was hoping.

Also, are the letters able to be sanded flat? I've found a set of 1.4 16v ones on E-bay that would be ideal. :)

133/225/CLS AMG
Nice one, thanks for that link mate.

Looks like I'll get on the hunt for a set of non-RS badges and go from there. They look really good on your car mate, far better than the originals.

I take it the numbers sand off fairly easily. I'm not too fussed about the finish of the plastic as I plan to wrap them ideally. :)

No worries and thanks mate :) yeah the numbers were quite easy to sand off.

If you're going to wrap the bullets, I suggest you don't leave them too scratched, otherwise the wrap might not stick on that good. The smoother the surface, the better it will stick and less chance of it bubbling or peeling :)

133/225/CLS AMG
Yeah that's what I thought, get them smooth as possible to give a good surface for the wrap.

Just need to get hold of some badges now. Surprising how much people stick them up for on E-bay. May check out the local scrap yard at the weekend though. :)

Yeah the 2.0 16V ones fetch silly money for some reason :S no point paying £15 for them when you can probably pick some up for a few quid at the scrappy :p

After you've wrapped them, are you leaving them blank or getting the lettering or what?

133/225/CLS AMG
Well to start with I was thinking just carbon would look quite cool but then I saw your ones with the 16v decal and that swayed me.

Might got for RenaultSport or 2.0 16v in orange.

Looking on E-bay, even the non-RS ones are going for quite a lot. Silver RS ones are £20+ and non-RS ones are going for £15 each!

I carbon wrapped my first ones but didn't sand the letters down so they were raised through the carbon. Yeah orange lettering would look cool mate :)

I'm gonna start buying stuff from the scrappy and sell it on eBay lol, I wonder if anyone actually buys them at that price though :S

133/225/CLS AMG
I assume people must do purely because they're not prepared to go hunting for them I suppose.

I know of a Renault scrap yard not that far from me that I used to pick up all sorts of stuff for the MKI Clio I had a few years back. Can get little bits and pieces mega cheap. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you want them flat (no numbers/letters) have a look for a Clio Campus (the South American made ones) 2006 onwards I think as they dont have the numbers or descriptions on them so are not in need of sanding the letters and numbers off.