ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door cards and dash

Clio 1.2 authentique
Hi guys, after a long time thinking i have decided to make my clio into a project car. looking to re fit some fabric or something to my door cards to make them black and blue, what is the best fabric to use? And also wanting to change the color of my cream glove box to blue so what paint would be best? Thanks in advance.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I wouldn't paint the glove box. It can look good to begin with but even with proper pre clean and degrease, the paint lifts with summer heat. Just a pointer but You can get flock texture wrap that sits quite well on the plastic.

when you say fit fabric, do you mean the small insert where the handle is?

Clio 1.2 authentique
Ah right ok thanks for that tip mate. Yeah mate where the handle and window switches are.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
In that case the inserts can be removed from the cards and swapped for others. Scrap yards usually have the 1.2 cloth door cards all over the place.

Clio 1.2 authentique
Ok thanks, i will have a little drive round the scrap yards and have a look. Thanks for advice smac :)