ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door catches when shutting

Hi all,

The passenger side door on my 2004 clio DCI catches as it is shut. I had never noticed this as untill recently I hadnt been a passanger in the car.

I have had the car scince new and it hasnt been involved in an accident.

The door basicaly just doesnt quite fit perfectly in the door frame. I now notice the sound every time anyone shuts the door.

Any ideas what this could be?

D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Sometimes the locking pins in the doors hinges drop thus causing the door to not fit flushly.

Its warranty work.

take it back to your dealer and they will sort it for you.

--chris

[Edited by carbon copy on 11 September 2005 at 11:51am]

Cheers will take it in. The electric window catches on the driver side door when opening as well. clunk

RB 182 with CUP packs
Defo sounds like the door has dropped from the hinges mate.

Like Carbon Copy says, they should sort it under warranty tbh.

Good luck

my door nearly fecking fell off let alone catch!! the top door pin is in upside down and the clip had sprung, opened the door and had it hanging in my hands (and the door). Luckily I found the pin and put it all back together again, have vowed never to have another French car once the 172 is gone, they're cheap for a reason (as much as I love it!!).

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: Archived Post from old forum

Cheers will take it in. The electric window catches on the driver side door when opening as well. clunk

They won't fix it under warranty disco, sorry mate. Its actually going to cost you £7,495 +vat i'm afraid.